icon

getting used to fiberglass, pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
ok i have bine working on this for a good bit. this is my 2 time doing this. my project is im geting used to fg by building boxes for the 6.5 components that im yousing in my room hear is the pic or the first glass. this is after one coat of glass and mat.
getting used to fiberglass, pics -- posted image.
im only puting one on because im not going to be runing alought of power to them gust there rms 150w
this next pic is after i used bondo to fill in the dips and pits
as you can see there is a tweet pod there that is actuly made out of a tolet paper toob that convineanently fit the tweeter perfictly. i added the role by cuting it to fit the box and then i glassed it to the box buy useing strips of mat and buy riping it up and spreading it on as needed
some of the bondo is a mix of filler and resin so it is pritty strong so that adds to the strenght of the box.
this nex pic i have goten most of the sanding but there is still more to do to get it smouth. it was really hard to sand the groves in the tweet pod but in the end i got it done.
this one is the pic of the speaker and tweet instaled in it i gust wanted to see how it sound you know how it is you gust have to try it i culdent help my self i gust had to try it. i drilled a hole in the fg were the wire from the tweet had to go into the box to get conected to the extensoin wire. and then i drilled a wire through the back of the box so i had a place to run the wires out to my amp.
this next pic is of the finesed sanded box next to the paint that im going to use a matalic gunmetal paint that as you can see in the next pic that it did a good job for being a spray paint.
umm nice it looks very good for spray paint after i put the base coat on i put a clear on that gives it that shine. i have all the tools to do a car paint on it but i gust wanted to keep it sinple (so i though). i really am looking forwerd to useing the air gun on it iv done some cars but not a box it will be interesting
this pic of the back mdf that i am puting a kind of carpiting on it looks pritty good it blends in with the other colors
ill try and post the rest tomarow and ill keep updateing it to as much as i can hoop you like it. if you have eny Q/A's gust post and ill get to you as sone as posibble
Aarongetting used to fiberglass, pics -- posted image.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

Looks pretty good Aaron. 

Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
liquidx9 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Nice work.
///Alpine/MB Quart/Image Dynamics/Soundstream/Stinger
youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
well i tryed to put on a second cote of clear and the hole thing gust started ringkling it is like it had grease under it before i panted it. and then i sanded it down, redid it, and then it happend agen but i dident sand it all the way. i down gust sanded the ringkels off and ruffed it up and tred it agen. after that i gust got feed up and used striper and took it all the way down to the fg. strangely the fg did not come off when it came in contacket with the striper. i thought that was wired but i dident want it to happen enyway so thank god. so now i gust put on the matalic and i ran out. so i need to go get somemore. but the other one i am done with the matalic so im going to put on the clear. i think that you cant put on more then one cot of clear because it reactes to itself so you gust have to do it ones and do it good that time. so that is what im going to do. getting used to fiberglass, pics -- posted image. eny info on wy this happend would be helpful thanks
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Would those be Phoenix Gold Xenon's??
youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  
yep i got them of ebay and they've bine fine no problems, but i now what im doing when i get stuff of there. there are things that you have to look for inorder to no get giped.getting used to fiberglass, pics -- posted image.
Aaron
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
Aaron the reason that happened is because of the chemicals in the paints. They dont match, so everytime you spray it, it will wrinkle up on you. You should spray that clear on there anymore. You have to have a certain type of paint and clear that work with each other. I dont know what types you need I just know you need something different.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

thanks man but the problem isent the paint going togeter it is the paint dose fine it is gust in serten spots that is dose this. and it is when i put the clear over the first coat of clear that it dose this i dont no wy i think it could be that the paint under it is still drying but i dont think so because my dad did something like this and wated like 7 to 10 days and it still did it. i think that the clear is reacthing to its self but that is strang that it would do that it is the same kind of paint rustoliam clear.

Aaron

Cougar.Modder 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Nice little project. Are you putting these in a vehicle or are they for an in home/PC use? Looks nice though. Good job. Good luck on the paint issue.
Alpine 7830 HU-4X100 W McIntosh -2X110 W McIntosh-MB Quart Q's Mid Tweets-4X10" Phoenix Gold Subs-Phoenix Gold EQ215ix-AC Epi-PG Line Driver-Phoenix Gold 1 Farad Cap -Clifford Avantguard 4-2 Ear Plugs
youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
thanks it is for a imac that is hooked up to a reciver that is hooked up to a crossover, that is hooked up to a pyle pro dj amp that is runing the components. and the low output is hooked up to a sub amp. it sound crazy but it is REALY nice even though im useing a pyle amp for my mids and highs. and iv fixed the paint problem in one or the speaker boxes the other one is in the process of being cleared so ill post the finesed one soon. thanksgetting used to fiberglass, pics -- posted image.
Aaron
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic