icon

98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
devastater99 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
hey do you guys know where i can find an in line fuse? ive been to a small hardware store and a radio shack and so far neither of them have any......
auto zone maybe?
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
you'll probably have to hit a local stereo shop; you can get either a standard blade type holder or an AGL type fuse holder. The blade type holder will no doubt be cheaper.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
devastater99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
alright well i just got 1 at a local wire making shop or something and got all the cable i needed, but the only thing i didn't get was a coonector for the 8 gauge wire to the battery.........i had no idea what size i needed so the guy told me to go take this little measering thingy out to my car to see.....it looked like the one that fit was size 18?? metric maybe?? i have no idea it seemed to be the one to fit over the top of the positive part of the battery and so i took it in and he said that they didn't have anything that size to fit an 8 gauge wire........so i figure that either i measured the wrong thing and gave him the wrong size because ithe place is like a 10x10 room that they sell stuff from with a freakin huge warehouse of just parts like im looking for, or they really didn't have the connector i need.......so if thats the case where can i get em? and if the other one is right how can i find out what size i really need.......oh ya and by the way i didn't take any connections off the battery to measure it, do i need to?
plz respond
thanks 98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo - Page 2 -- posted image.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Stop in at your local stereo shop, tell them you need an 8 gauge ring terminal, and ask if someone will look to see what size you need.  They'll probably have a choice with either a 1/4" inner diameter, or a 5/16" inner diameter hole.  You can even use a socket set to see what will work.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
devastater99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
will do, but does that measurement i took last time sound at all correct to you or familar on the sort of scale you are talking about or does it just not make sense? i think i remember it being 18 metric or something......
geepherder 
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure how that works- 18 millimeters is nearly 3/4 of an inch, so I don't think that's it.
devastater99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

before everything, i have a 98' Corrolla LE

I'm planning to upgrade my stock speaker system with a much more powerful one.......
but before i ask about that i don't really understand much about certain specifications of speakers and want to know more about them before i drop a few hundred bucks on some..............at speakers i have looked at some say 3 channel and some four channel, i'm not really sure what that means, also RMS wattage...? i've seen speakers that are labeled 500 watt and 250 watt RMS......what is its meaning?? honestly i don't really know much about these specifications on them........like what things effect what in a speaker....?
ohm resistance...........
frequency, pretty sure thats the range of sound the speaker is capable of, does that have to do with the channels?
RMS wattage
amps......
i sort of get what they are but don't get what qualities they effect in a speakers performance.......so could someone please collaberate for me?   

ok heres what i have and heres what i want.......

i have a 350 Watt sub woofer with an amp for it (350 Watt). i used an 8 gauge wire to power it from the battery and grounded it in the trunk. (thats where the the sub and amp are) i've been looking at speakers to get for it to replace the stock speakers i currently have installed.............mostly what i have been looking at are each four stock speakers being replaced by 500 watt speakers, attached to a 2000 Watt amp in the trunk.....is there some way to connect that 8 gauge with to like a power distribution block or circuit breaker and then reattach power to the 350 Watt amp and then another one to the 2000 watt amp for the speakers.....or is that waaaaaaay to much for an 8 gauge wire to handle......if it is i could probably run a smaller gauge wire ................and then could i wire the ground to the frame in the trunk?
oh ya nd i've posted here before asking for help installing that sub........if any of the info on it helps heres the link to it.......... https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=65862&PN=1&get=last
thanks for reading my huge freakin post and please post!!! any and all comments/help is appreciated....

geepherder 
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

In general, stay away from 3 and 4 way speakers.  More is not always better.  Try to stick with name brands and give them a listen before making a decision.

RMS power is the amount of power a speaker can continuously handle- or the amount of power an amplifier can continuously cleanly provide.

Ohms- click on ohms law on the left hand side of this page near the top.

Lower frequencies are referred to as bass and higher frequencies are referred to as treble.  Humans can generally hear between 20 to 20 kHz.

If you plan on running that much wattage, use 2 gauge wire or bigger and run to a distribution block.  Yes, you can ground to the frame in your trunk.  Remember to upgrade your alternator, and do a search on the big 3.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic