icon

Air compressor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
airbrush. yes you can use automotive paint thru them. a five gallon should work fine for what you are doing. make sure you clean it out well!
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
a cheapo will work for ya! unless you make living doing this. or go down to a hardware sroe they should help you out. or paint shop.
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
I picked up a complete set from Wal-mart for under a hundred all together. I bought a 2 gallon tank with a 1 1/2 Horsepower compressor set for like 70 bucks (works fine too) and a small HLVP gravity fed gun on sale for like 20-30.
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
I picked up a complete set from Wal-mart for under a hundred all together. I bought a 2 gallon tank with a 1 1/2 Horsepower compressor set for like 70 bucks (works fine too) and a small HVLP gravity fed gun on sale for like 20-30.
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
check out harbor freight for a inexpensive air gun
would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
Dyson 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  

a tiny compressor is never going to power a HVLP gun, compressors work of CFM, you need to make sure that there is a higher CFM number on the compressor than the gun. For small panels you could get away with something like a 10 gallon 2hp compressor with a CFM of around 6, and then a conventional gravity or suction feed gun for shooting paint.

Paint guns, if you have the budget, get seperate guns, if you are on a tight budget, at least get a different gun for primers and sealers to colours and clears. Personally i use 4 guns, one for primer, one for colour, one for clear and one for sealer. Primer gun is conventional, colour and clear guns are HVLP. My compressor is 40gallon 3.5 HP with a CFM rating of 15.  Always spend the maximum amount you can afford to. This will pay off with your finishes.

So Check Ebay and see if you can find a compressor and two paint guns in your budget, post them on here, and we can see if they will work with each other!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic