icon

Door pods

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
You can try the duraglass, it might still crack though. I wouldnt make the edges very thin. Or one little bump and goodbye nice smooth lines.
I wear gloves so not much gets on me, but when it does, it usually comes off in the shower the next morning.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Well I dont think that would really help with the strength. The duraglass is pretty strong. I'd just be careful.     Also you might even try some type of seam sealer. That stuff should stick to pretty much anything, and its sandable too. You could coat the edge with that.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
First, I dont think that bondo will hold up at all. you might just have to deal with the spaces. maybe put some silicone sealant in there but that is about all I can think of. Next, I knows this sounds weird (but not as weird Victoria's Secret baby powder) but put your hand in some MDF sawdust and rub it together; works miracles. I found this out by accident, I was wiping pulling the masking tape off of a mold that I made and my hands were all sticky so I decided to clean up and go in, I wiped the sawdust off from underneath my router table with my hands and I noticed that the dust stuck to my hands and when I rubbed them together it all came off.
suicidecustom 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
i take it your door panels are plastic. bondo, duraglass or resin will NOT bond to plastic. yes it will just crack

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic