Altima 5speed Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
JWorm,
On a M/T Altima, the PNP switch will read out about +5V when in gear, and ground when out of gear. Input to pin 102 on the ECU is high resistance. Leaving the car in gear and then bringing #102 to ground will not short anything - in fact that's it's design (to pull the voltage to ground).
Another point... the relay I mentioned that is used to do the clutch cancel operation should only be hot during startup (thus I mentioned pin 85 is connected to the remote start's "ground only on startup" output or to the alarm's pulsed output that triggers the remote start), so your scenario would never happen if wired up that way. Even if it did, no ill affects would incur as mentioned above.
But the method you posed would also work!! Since a relay should always be used to simulate the clutch being pressed in, I just supplied an example using that relay. I tend to reserve the wire on the remote start that needs to be grounded for the parking brake ground input. If no wire exists on the remote start unit then I wire in a second relay to the clutch relay method so that the parking brake needs to be up as well.
But your methods certainly work as well! Altima 5speed Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic