icon

plow lights on 85 k-20?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
baldeagle 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
added an older western plow a few years ago...think i missed  a relay or something, when i run high beams --after bout a minute i loose all lighting...any idea's????????also,wanting to convert to cs style alt.(140 amp.)my truck has no idiot light, can a fella just mount a light-bulb somewhere(within 35-500 ohm range?)to get around this... any help is greatly appreciated.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
check your grounds . it sounds like after you pull a heavy draw(using hi-beam). your greating a voltage drop so check those grounds. and also all connections. need to be sercure and tight,dirt free.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
baldeagle 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

fingaz22 wrote:
check your grounds . it sounds like after you pull a heavy draw(using hi-beam). your greating a voltage drop so check those grounds. and also all connections. need to be sercure and tight,dirt free.

i will of course do that, AGAIN,as i switch over to the cs alt. system, but i believe my problem is deeper rooted,or possibly just not enough amps...no,as the headlight thing happens  w/out useing plow at all....also have problems re-starting, if i kill it while plowing.(very frustrating,at 3:am).went to dual batteries last year, that helped for awhile, but i seem to be at the same piont i was last year...but it seems i can plow all night anymore,IF i can run w/out lights...although the 2 together is too much.?

baldeagle 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
no info heally?re, cummon, re
baldeagle 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

baldeagle wrote:
no info heally?re, cummon, re

WHAT THE HE77!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ONYONE WANNA SHARE SOME WISDOM????????????

baldeagle 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  

BUMPPPPPPPPPPP

NOT EXACTLY A WEALTH OF INFO. HERE

fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

do what you plan and upgrade the alt. put a isolator inbetween the second battery and run your plow and plow lighting off of that so if the plow does draw down the second battery or you have a problem. it won't take from the battery runnig your truck and you still are operational to drive. if you are having trouble starting it up(meaning no crank) check the grounds exspecialy the main engine ground. check the fusable link at the starter to assure it doesn't have a short,bad connection or bad. your truck has to have a dummy light or gauge. i believe on the 85 it has a dummy light. but there is no reason why you can't put a gauge in the cab. you can purchase one aftermarket at napa or auto zone or online. very simple to hookup. then you will be able to monitor the amps.

like you plan, when you upgrade just go through all wiring again i cant say it enough grounds are the biggest cause of eletrical problems. it is critical to check and recheck them.

you said the lighting happens after a min. on hi beam then check your wiring there maybe a crossed wire you will need to check. does it blow fuses? why do you thing you forgot a relay? on what curcuits do you have relays now? and how do you have them setup? can you draw a schematic of the way you have the system setup now?

make sure eveything on the lighting and plow system is running correctly, upgrade and isolate like you plan. get some more info posted. lol

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic