Securilock Interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Zach_2 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
    Love this site, I have learned a great deal thanks to all of your generosity.
    OK, here's my sitch,
    Car: 2002 Ford Escape XLT
Alarm: Autopage RS-750LCD (Equiv: Marksman M10, Commando FM-760)
    I purchased a Ford Car Start Securilock Interface Kit-2, P/N: 1S4Z-19G365-AB. This kit did not come with a pin out for the 4 pin (3 pins populated) connector designed to plug into the OEM Ford RS or Alarm w/RS (MFG Code Alarm). I have searched this site and the web for countless hours, trying to locate ANY information on the wiring connections to a Code Alarm RS unit and/or OEM Ford version without sucess, and I almost always find what I'm looking for.
    So, I would be eternally greatful if someone could provide the wire functions of the connector, or tell me where to go find it. There are 3 wires, White, Red, and Black on this 4 pin connector, the Red & Black goto the bypass unit, the white wire comes off the connector and is unterminated.
Thanks in advance,
Zach
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

i think you are going to need to return that part and get a universal bypass . such as http://www.12voltshop.com/proddetail.asp?prodid=TBK2&cat=1312&path=1,1312

you will need to hook up the yellow wire off the mini 6 pin harness to the black wire of the above unit and red of above unit to 12 + constant. key sense doesnt need to be hooked up

Zach_2 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
Securinu,
    Thank you for responding, I don't wish to be argumentative on this and you, as I have read in previous posts, have experience with the Autopage (or equiv.). The reason I bought this unit is that the site where it was purchased from claimed it to be the unit that Ford installs with their RS & RS+Alarm combo (Silver, Bronze, & Gold) OEM units for the Escape model. The URL is below, the unit I received is in Ford packaging.
http://www.powercallsirens.com/fordstarteroptions.shtml
Also I was able to gleen a little information from this site:
http://www.p71interceptor.com/remotestart/
which is a Crown Victoria dedicated site (Police ver.) at the bottom it does show the Code Alarm unit with the equivalent bypass unit but just shows these connections going to another page that is not provided.
I guess I can buy the Ford Alarm System / Remote Car Starter Instructions for $4.50 from Powercallsirens, its not the money, I just don't need (or maybe I do) the manual on an alarm system I do not possess.
    I do lend more credence to your suggestion because of your experience, and probably will have to do that, but I feel I might as well try this unit since I don't think they will allow me to return it being an electrical device. There is no harm done if I do this right?
    And if I may impose on you to answer one more question: Is the key sense wire (WHITE) an output from the Bypass and if not would I need to connect it to GND or +12 to provide a constant state?
    Thanks again for your help, I will try to reciprocate if I can in the future.
    Also for those of you looking for online documentation, especially installation, for the Marksman M10 or the Autopage RS-750LCD, goto Commando's site and grab the Owner and Installation PDF's on the FM-760. Their Documentation is a little better and contains some additional info than what is shipped with the Autopage unit.
See ya,
Zach
rrspyder 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry to chime in, but I am also in need of some type of wiring information for a similar unit. Looking back over the forums I discovered a post by Derek that states that a # 1 securilock interface kit ,part # 1L3Z-19G365-AB could be used by my 2002 Mustang GT to bypass the securilock. Unfortunately however I have not discovered any type of wiring diagrams for this unit. The pinout however does sound similar having read Zach's post.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=5750&SearchPagePosition=1&search=securilock&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=3&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search#thread

Hopefully someone knows how to use this. I just picked up the part yesterday and would hate to have to return it already. :)

Thanks again,

Kyle

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic