the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

KAC-7201 Blew Today, Hows Power Acoustik?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NHxj4x4 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Whelp, driving to work today, and my KAC-7201 Kenwood decided to take a dump. I got the classic capacitor smell filling the car and all. Oddly though, the amp still turns on, blue light is active, and the fan still blows, but no sound, no heat, nada. Anyway at this time of year I'm strapped, but no willing to go bass-less until after X-mas. So I'm looking around this morning and see the Power Acoustik LT1440/2 which drives 720RMS bridged @ 4ohms. This is a perfect match for my dual Infinity Perfect 10.1d's. Anyway, I want to know if I am just asking for problems here considering this brand. The reviews on Sound Domain were outstanding, but I take those with a grain of salt. I was never overly impressed with my Kenwood either though, which only pushed 460w RMS.
So please chime in guys, let me know if it's junk, or if is OK for a year or so, or what else you would recommend for 600-700 watts RMS with budget in mind.
Thanks!
Todd
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
I hate Power Acoustik, but sure, you can make them work just fine especially if you're only interested in a short-term fix.  Don't push them.  Also, why do you think you blew your other amp?  What was wrong with your setup to cause that, or was the amp damaged in some way, or maybe just old?
Support the12volt.com
NHxj4x4 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure man. Car filled with smell, and from there, no subs. I checked all connections, fuses, cap, blah blah, everything is fine. My other amp turns on and run perfect so the wiring is OK. I have been having shut down issues with it anyway, the thing overheats like no one's business, so in a way I'm glad it's gone as now I have reason to get a new one. Just sucks it happened around x-mas.
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  

a freind had one come in a car he bought. it was the gothic amp but it has the same measurement's that the "LT" has. we opened it up. and well its a little weak inside. it worked tho. he has it running a alpine type "R". it doesnt sound all that bad. i have picks of the inside but i cant get them to up-loadKAC-7201 Blew Today, Hows Power Acoustik? -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic