icon

2005 Honda Civic VSS/AVIC-N2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
free_refil 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I recently purchased a 2005 Honda Civic and installed the AVIC-N2. Nice unit BTW!!! I am going to be doing the bypass shortly, however I wanted to install the VSS sensor to the hide-away unit first. I have heard that there is a blue/white wire but I can't seem to find it. I removed the instrument panel with cruise/sunroof/mirror switches in it but the cruise button did not have a blue/white wire. All three switches combined to one harness that combined to an even larger connector on the left side lower pillar behind the switches. There are atleast 4 or 5 blue and white wires in this connector. I also heard you can tap into it behind the gauges, however after removing the two upper screws from the gauge housing I was still unable to remove the housing from around the gauges. I have also heard that the VSS wire can be tapped into on the transmission, but I'd rather not run this wire into the engine bay. Please let me know where I can tap into the VSS wire! Thanks!
Also, if anybody knows which wire is negative and which is positive on the rear bulb so that I can tap into it for the backup signal it'd be greatly appreciated!
thefivespeeder 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
www.7thgencivic.com (They can also help) please put me as a referal if you make a name I'm 'TheFiveSpeeder' on there too.
free_refil 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks! They have a lot of information in there! I just reset my SRS airbag indicator. It was just as they said, unplugging the seats while the battery is connected will give you that light. I reset it and all is fine now! Will continue to search on the VSS wire. Thanks, oh and, I referred you when I signed up! Peace!!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
drop the fuse box down, so the fuses are on the bottom, go to the top right green connector. Its a blue/white next to a blue wire....the blue is the tach, the blue white is VSS
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
kartuneman, great info i never knew you could get it at the fuse box, ive always taken it off the ECM since the glove box drops right down and the wires are right in front of you, and you can access the back of the deck to run the wire. At the ecm its either a WHITE/ green or blue white on pin A18 between a RED / yellow and GREEN/ red wire, pin one of the A plug has a blk white wire to identify the right plug.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
free_refil 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Good going guys! I ended up tapping into the GREEN / WHITE wire from the ECU. If you drop the glove box down, there is a large plug in front of the ECU. You un-clip it and move it off to the side. The bottom-most plug on the ECU has 31 pins. On the second row of pins is a GREEN / WHITE wire. I tapped into it for VSS. I would have tapped behind the fuse box but I heard for multiple sources this was the place to tap. I checked using the connection manager thingy in the AVIC-N2 and listened to the speed pulses as I accelerated down the road. I also hooked up the reverse tap to the reverse bulbs. There was a green and a black wire, I tapped into the green for the reverse signal to the hide-away unit. Finally, my install is complete. Although all I have installed now is the stereo, still researching on good mids and highs and an amp to power them, and looking for good prices. I already have an Alpine MRD-M605 and an Alpine Type-R 12" DVC sub in a vented box that I am going to pull from my old CRX to put into the civic. This should be enough bass for me!
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
the only problem with the wire you tapped it's a wheel speed sensor, the blue/white is accual vehicle speed.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
free_refil 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Does this make an effect? I went to the connection screen and drove around and listened to the beeps get higher in pitch and faster, isn't this correct? Should I tap into the other wire near the fusebox instead?
free_refil 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
I checked the ECU pinouts and the wire I tapped is not labeled as a "wheel speed sensor" it's labeled as "Vehicle Speed Sensor".

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic