icon

interior for 81 trans am with pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DantonAZ 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  

ok I am starting the interior of my 81. I am keeping the dash pretty much stock, other than removing and smoothing the "oh shhh bar" and replacing the gauges. As of right now all the trim, molding and door panels will be covered in black ostrich..yes OSTRICH. I figured that a bird needs to be in my bird.

The pics are of my door panels I used the stock arm rest and just gave it some curve. I want it to feel old school but be clean and modern. I think I did that. They still need to be final covered.
I am starting to mock up the center console today and should have more pics. It will go between the rear seats also and be home for a 10". Again yes I am putting my sub in the CAB where it can be heard clearly and not shake the trunk and sound ghetto and cheap. For me nothing is worse for a nice stereo system. So having it in the cab fixes this prob as well as not needing to turn up the volume to hear the bass.
Anyway, the sub will be in a sealed enclosure down firing. The placement should be right around the back of the front seats to the beginning of the reat seats.
I also need carpet and a headliner and redo my seats.
So check out the pics and I hope you guys like my paln and mybe even get ideas of your own or learn something.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2170636/1

ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
i like the door panels.. but i u should have done more than one speaker in the doors since ur redoing them.. but they loook nice... what kind of equipment r u going to use????
S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
DantonAZ 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
i only need 1 set of components in the doors. i will be using boston or mb Quarts for the mids and highs. 6.5 in the doors 4x6 in dash and 6x9 in rear deck with a 10" w7 in the cab..thats plenty of sound...so you see really no need for more that 1 speaker i neach door.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic