icon

Alarm problem!!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
istronzo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have an alpine 8070L that I just now installed and the problem is that my alarm keeps going off 20-30 min after I arm it (without shock sensor). I've installed alarms before and I've never had this problem. I took the shock sensor off, put a new one on and it goes off about 15 seconds after I arm it. The alarm has the door locks, lights, starter disabler and the paging unit. I thought it might be the microphone on the glass breakage sensor but I even took that off and it still trips after 20-30 min. Does anybody know what this could be? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
check your door trigger wires does it arm give you an error chirp also check to make sure you used the right polarity wire cause most alarms come with a pos and negative trigger wire. make sure you used what is supposed to be . the way to figure out the right way is to close all the door except the drivers door and check your trigger wire and see if it throughs a negative or possitive when the door is open so what is should read if it is a pos signal is pos when the door is open and negative when the door pin is pressed . and opposite when the system is negative.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

Well, most older Alpine alarm has one door pin trigger is BROWN / white.  Wondering, what kind of vehicle are you installing it on?  Positive or Negative trigger?  Default setting was Negative?  Has it been changed to Positive or Negative?  If that's not the problem than your installation is feeding Ignition back to the alarm system, because you already disconnected the shock and glass sensor, right?

Good luck and have fun

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
kind of car?
Horkus 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

Did you chk your ground connections??

If the ground its not fully contact it will do crazy stuff like that oo!

I can smoke your wires for free!!!
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have delayed domelight feature? What kind of car, make, model, year? 
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
istronzo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2000 mustang Saleen S281.  I used two relays (lock/unlock) to send a possitive signal to the actuators. My alarm has  negative trigger output (doors). I also used a relay for the trunk release (same situation). As far as the door trigger wire, it is a possitive wire when the door is open so no relays were needed as my alarm brain has a + door trigger output. The alarm doesn't give a error chirp, everthing works properly aside from the alarm going off every 20 min!! I've used two relays, the original Alpine that came with the alarm(goes off after 10 sec. of arm) and a Dei and that does the same. The only thing I didn't do is bypass the factory alarm, which might have somethng to do with all of this mess. Also will the use of diodes on the door relays solve this?

I haven't installed alarms since 1993 and so much as changed since then.........gesh......Thanks!

istronzo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry ,I meant shock sensors instead of relays on the alpine and dei bit!!!
mobileinstallat 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

check to see if a secondary cooling fan kicks in under the hood!

Mark

mobileinstallat 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

another thought: monitor the battery voltage and curent draw.(two meters). watch it up to the time and at the time of the alarm trip. I just had a 99 ford that had a faulty GEM mod that pulled .250 amp at rest.(should be around .1 on this Ford explore) reseting the battery and listening I could hear the relays of the GEM latching. then pulling each fuse individgualy I found the circuit that was causing the drain. along with the customer having a week battery, (a mecanic friend load/charging ability tested it for me),  this caused the battery voltage to drop, as it aproached 10 1/2 ish volts the ALARM WOULD GO OFF!. this will happen faster in the cold weather.

hope this helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic