icon

2001 jeep grand cherokee locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
question do you need a bypass for the locks or can you do the locks w/out one.  Thanks in advance
Confidence is the key to any project!!
Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
You need to have an extra key for this to work. You can use a bypass kit that you can place the key in to RS, or you can buy a bypass kit that you can program the key into so you can RS. You will need to buy a doorlock kit if you want to be able to unlock all the doors or unlock. Or you can buy a kit that does both transponder bypass and the door locks. You can get the door locks to work with out a kit, but you will have to wire up 4 relays( i think) Its a lot more involved than just buying a kit and hooking the kit up. Let me know if you need a kit, I can get you one.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
You can fish wires into BOTH front doors, wire two relays in each door........and that still won't arm/disarm the factory alarm, or activate the domelight when you unlock the doors.
WELL WORTH IT to buy a DEI 455J. It makes doing the locks easy, and adds arm/disarm, domelight turnon, and two-step unlocking.
Also, the JDL-PK from bypasskit.com will take care of both the locks AND the Sentry Key bypass.
danger63 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hi
I'm new here & hope someone can help me.
Did a remote start install on my wifes 00 ZJ, I got the DEI 455J Interface 4 the Doors everything works well but the Locking of the vehicle, I replaced the Interface already & it seemed to work 4 a few times & still does intermittantly but most of the times I have to lock it manually or with the OEM remote. The unlock functions all the time.
Signal 4 the Interface comes via GREEN/ blue from a Hornet Remote Starter.
GREEN/ Blue biased at 5 volt while at rest & jumps to 12v or ground respectivly.
Thanks for the Help, Dan            

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic