icon

Carbon Fiber

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattieg 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Today I was researching www.cardomain.com for som ideas on sub boxes and I came across an installation that blew my mind. The entire sub box took up the rear portion of the car with two screens and two subs. I have seen that before, but the entire enclosure was made out of carbon fiber. Has anyone ever tried this or have any idea on how to do this? The car was amazing and even the roof had carbon fiber!!
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Post the link for that, Unless thats some 100k+ show vehicle, its probably the fake carbon fiber that looks almost identicle. But i want to see that.
mattieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok well it took me a while to find it but I found their actual website. Here it is http://www.foxmarketing.net/mattcelica.htm check it out and let me know what you guys think.
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

This is what it said on the website,    Trunk Area Finished In Antersyte Gunmetal and Carbon Fiber

I dont know what antersyte is but  I believe its just a dip they do I may be wrong though.

Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
alexcd 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
You can buy kevlar and carbon fiber material just like you would fiberglass.  The only difference is how you have to lay it perfectly smooth so it looks nice.  Good luck with that cuz I dont think I could do it without some pointers.
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah awhile back on here there was someone that posted this website. The company took parts and they had this vat thing that printed out an image, like carbon fiber, woodgrain, painted surfaces. Anyway it melted that print into the vat and floated on top of the chemical then they dipped the part in it and it came out with that image on it. It actually looked pretty good, the carbon fiber looked good. You could tell it was fake but it looked better than the stickers.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
Cougar.Modder 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
That is a killer Toyota, but again they likely spent tens of thousands in total. Time is the issue and if you have it then you can build it. Make sure what ever you begin to post some pics of your project and we can all judge it and help out in any way possible.
Alpine 7830 HU-4X100 W McIntosh -2X110 W McIntosh-MB Quart Q's Mid Tweets-4X10" Phoenix Gold Subs-Phoenix Gold EQ215ix-AC Epi-PG Line Driver-Phoenix Gold 1 Farad Cap -Clifford Avantguard 4-2 Ear Plugs
mattieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
This is a killer car and I would love to do something like this. The only problem is I dont know how to go about doing it. I have seen people do the dip technique and it seems to look awesome. But I was thinking what if you laid the carbon fiber on the base material, be it the resin for fiberglass or MDF and then poured another couple coats of resin on top of it. Just an idea, tell me what you think and if it would work.
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  

here is their address and phone number. hope this helps.

350 easton rd     horsham PA 19025    (215)675-8204

rolando 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
alexcd wrote:
You can buy kevlar and carbon fiber material just like you would fiberglass.  The only difference is how you have to lay it perfectly smooth so it looks nice.  Good luck with that cuz I dont think I could do it without some pointers.
  you have to put it in a vacuum because the resin used for carbon fiber creates alot of bubbles
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic