icon

97 jeep cherokee, code alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jhend421 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Im going to try my first install on a 97 jeep cherokee. Im installing a code alarm ca-425a with a ca-645 remote start. Does anyone have the wire diagram for this truck and can you tell me how many relay's if any i will need for this truck?
James Henderson
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1997&make=Jeep&model=Cherokee&ID=18134&type=Alarm

There's you're diagram.  You will need 2 relays for the door locks even though this doesn't say you do.  Wire up as follows relay 1:  pin 85 to lock output of alarm.  pin 86 to constant +12volts.  pin 30 to ground.  pin 87 to the lock wire in the truck.  relay 2: pin 85 to unlock output of alarm.  pin 86 to constant +12volts.  pin 30 to ground.  pin 87 to the unlock wire in the truck.

If you have any more questions pm me, I've done quite a few alarm/start systems in these vehicles.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
jhend421 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  

I have a code alarm ca-425a/ ca-645 2way remote start system

1.  This system has a external start trigger, do i have to install this option and if i do to what wire will it be installed.

2.Do i have to use the manual arm input, armed output  and the manual disarm output wire's for this system?

3. The book say's i need a positive headlight hook up and the relay is set up different from the one on this sight to switch it to a positive output. 87-+12v, 87a-nothing, 86-+12v, 85-headlight output, 30-vehicle wire

James Henderson
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

1. = Only if you want to START the Vehicle with a NEGATIVE Pulse from another Source, like your Door locks, another Keyless / Alarm, etc.

2. = Only if you want to arm / Disarm Vehicle Factory Alarm or another Alarm.

3. = The Relay config. is correct, BUT, are you sure you want to hook up the HEADLIGHTS?

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
jhend421 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
Do i need to hook up the light's. I just figured it was needed since it was in the book? also for the accessory wires since i have only one accessory wire should i hook them both to the same wire and isolate both of them or just leave one unhooked?
James Henderson
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Usually the Parking Lights are all that is necessary..........
As for the ACCESSORY wire/s.........If you only need 1 Accessory, don't hook up the 2nd one.
Are you sure you have ALL Ignitions wired ?
Is this a GRAND Cherokee or just Cherokee??
MO
jhend421 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

I haven't done the install yet. Im doing the install today and i just wanted to make sure of the connection's before i install. I wanted to make sure of the accessory hook up since it has to accessory wire's for the alarm. Thanks alot for the help.. It's just a cherokee.

James Henderson
jhend421 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone now if there is a different colored wire for the door trigger. I have a 97 cherokee sport 4dr and i don't have a light under the dash. Im having problems finding a yellow wire fore the dome light and door trigger.

James Henderson
mo12v 
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

Dome LightYEL OR YEL/WHT (-)AT FUSE BLOCK OR AT COURTESY LIGHT

MO
Fullthrottle 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Check under the drivers side kickpanel.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic