icon

pop goes the speaker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metalinspired 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have weird problem with my car stereo and I can't seem to find what is causing it. When ever I “do” something on my stereo like changing the band, or changing between CD or tuner there’s a loud pop on all of my speakers. Like there’s some capacitor that discharges onto the speakers. Even on woofer amplifier. That only happens when unit cut’s off sound never when it starts playing. My unit is Pioneer DEH-3500MP. I checked all connections and they are all ok (tried disconnecting amplifier still no go) so I can’t figure out what is causing this. I don’t think it is the unit but I also don’t remember if I had same pop’s when I firstly installed the unit some time ago. Any suggestions? Cheers
tcbturbosux 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  

do you have a friend with the same series. the plugs are the same try that next

do you know Zlatan Hadzisabic......

Uncle Gumby
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
When you get pops on the changing of functions it usually indicates a grounding problem. Try regrounding the HU at the same point as the amp.
There is no such thing as free installation!
metalinspired 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
tcbturbosux
I'm not good with names but I know few Zlatan's but not theis surenames :S
As for the HU. I checked complete wiring today and it turns out the amp is creating these pops all the time. Don't know how I didn't notice this earlier. When I dissconnect audio caples from it all other speakers work fine. What could be wrong with it? Notignh seem s to be burned or anything... ?!?
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  

your ground is lose, what is happending is that when you do that the ground is comming loose and cumming ungrounded and then grounded again causing the poping

metalinspired 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
I just rewired complete system that powers up the amp. It doesn't appear to be grounding problem. I connected the amp directly to battery and poping was still there. I disassembled the amp and assembled it again just to make sure there is no possible corrosion in it. However I noticed only small detail. When I connect amp and than disconnect it (at this point it is already disconnected so it disconnecting doesn’t cause pops) I will still have one more pop and then system is "stable". The poping disappears if I either disconnect ground of the amp, thus disconnecting it totally, or disconnect audio cables. It’s like my amp input is not functioning right.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
have you tryed hooking up a diffrent amp to your speakers?
metalinspired 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
I tought of that but I have no other amp to connect right now. I'll get beack to you if that doesnt help. Cheers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic