icon

how to wire speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasondavis 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

I included a little grapghic to demonstrate better.

I have not set this up yet but this is what I am wanting to do, replace all 4 of my door speakers and also add a component set in to some custom kickpanels,  I have run 4 new wires in my truck from the rear (where the amp will go) to all of the doors but now I want to have the kick panel speakers, so my question is how should I wie all of this up to a 4 channel amp, should I run more speaker wires to the kick panels or tie into the wires running to the front doors?

how to wire speakers -- posted image.

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
That kicker amp is 2 ohm stable in stereo setup (oddly enough that's how they list their power rating) so you could run the two ets of front speakers in parallel and get that 2-ohm load on the amp. Them have a 4 ohm load on the rear channels. Or you could purchase another 2 channel amp to run your kicks. What are you looking to gain by adding another set of the same size speaker to the front stage?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
jasondavis 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Basicly my stock speakers sound like crap so I figured the more speakers I could get in there thew louder, better it would sound.  I was looking for a way to add more than just the stock locations and came up with the kick panels.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Personally I would ditch the front coax speakers. Put more funds into your front speakers, as they are the most important. Some times more isn't always better.

Use the coax speakers in the back and get a really nice set of comps up front, and maybe even a three way set if you have the room.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic