the12volt.com spacer
icon

JL audio 450/4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys i just got this amp in. I previously had a 300/4.. As you know the power between the 4 channels is equally divided into 75 watts rms x 4... My question is why is my 450/4 giving me two different ratings as far as channel 1 & 2 and channel 3 & 4 are concerned. Im planning on running Alpine type R" 5x7's (Pair of component and coaxials) with the setup. Any insight would be great. THis thing has more bells and whistles than a submarine!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

Looks like channels 1 & 2 simply have more power output than 3 & 4.

It's actaully a wise idea, as your front stage should be louder, and with this design you can probably match gains easier

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=255

Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thinking about it now it does sound logical. Typically components are placed in the front and are capable of handling more power. Should i be worried about beefing up channels 3 and 4? or Should i just go with the flow and i wont really even notice a difference?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

image wrote:
Should i be worried about beefing up channels 3 and 4? or Should i just go with the flow and i wont really even notice a difference?

I don't follow you about beefing up the third and fourth channel, but I would agree that you should jsut go with the flow, you will have plenty of volume from that amp with that setup.

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Oh man that amp can do anything.
If you really wanna get buck wild, you can remove your xovers from your componet set and set-up a bandbass on channels 1&2, so you'll put 150 watts directly to your midbasses, with a HP on channels 3&4...putting 75 watts directly to the tweeters.... this way you'll be activly running your componets to the tune of 225watts/channel.
That would *scream* like you wouldn't believe.
That's what'd I do with that amp.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
Or if you are doing a 5.1 surround sound set up you can bridge the rear channels and get 150X3 to run your front and center channels and use a 300/2 for the rears.
There is no such thing as free installation!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic