icon

1990 Isuzu pickup subbox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

i dont have much time right now to post but i'll post a  picture for now then edit and add the buildup pics.

1990 Isuzu pickup subbox -- posted image.

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
very nice.
How did you make the things that are sticking out?
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like mdf. Not sure though.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
hasa68mustang 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
placid warrior.. that name sounds familiar... oh ya your that guy who stole the fiberglass box idea from that guy on this site!!! That box is awesome btw... maybe too nice for the isuzu.
placid warrior 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Haha, hey man hows it going. The box is definately too nice for the isuzu especially since he 4x4's with it, lol.
The reason i tried to outdo myself was because the next possible customer was going to look at this box and see if he wanted me to work on his (2004 or 2005) BMW M5...well i got the job but not till after christmas (which kinda sucks since i landscape and work is slowing down). I hope to create a decent portfolio and get my MECP so i can get a job as an installer, i have a ways to go but little by little i'll get there.
I made a bit of a webpage so i could keep all my pics online in case my computer crashed or something (its happened already) I've already done 3 simple installs with aftermarket HU's and off the shelf sub box's but i dont take pics of those cause its pretty basic. If anything doesnt work or needs to be explained better please let me know and i'll correct or add ASAP. PS. the lighting was bad for the finish pics (nighttime so bad pics...right under a street lamp so i couldnt get good lighting shots either) I also dont have any of the bodywork or certain parts of the buildup pics as i would get so far and then remember to take pics.
Isuzu pickup install
One_Dieu 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

P-dub

That is  a nice looking box pimp.  It's been a long time since I've seen your work.  I think the last thing you posted was the console you made for the Caprice wagon.  I like the color.  How did you get it ot come out.  Did you paint the red or the black first?

Respect the Blood Line
placid warrior 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks man. Yea its been awhile...too long since i last did fiberglass work. Theres a bit of extra material left over from the box though that i can make a console for my torino, so another project is in order. I painted the black, then the cherry red on top of that while it was still wet and if i had too much red overspray i went over it quickly with some more black. An airbrush would have been nice for the highlights, but u use what u got.
placid warrior 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
I finally found they type of sub it is, its a Soundstream Rubicon 12. Dont know why I had trouble finding it before.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic