icon

2003 jeep grand cherokee setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ibetuwin 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  

hi i am a relative newb to car audio installations, and was wondering if there was any way to get 3 JL 12w7 to be 1 ohm,  and would appreciate any help you guys can give since i read alot of useful information on this site.   thanks in advance for any assistance

Pat

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

ya, wire each woofer to 3 ohms then parallel them to a total of 1 ohm.

2003 jeep grand cherokee setup -- posted image.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
ibetuwin 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

thanks first of all to alpine guy for telling me that i can put 3 JL7s to a 1ohm load as this will allow me to install my dream system. I know you guys may not agree with some of my choices, and since i am no pro these subs and amp are just something that i always wanted but could never afford now that i can i want to go ahead with it and need some help in balancing out the system, heres what i have so far

3 JL 12w7 (sealed at .88cu.ft each) running off a Hifonics Colossus at 1 ohm for 3200 watts

for mids and highs am going to go with a Hifonics Olympus at 125 x4,  id like some help on choosing mids and highs, am going with q-logic kickpanels in front doors and dont know what for rear fill any help would be great also if any equalizers as well as anything else that will aid the sound of my system.

By the way this is all being installed in a 2003 jeep grand cherokee and is being professionally installed, i just wanted the valued opinion of this forum instead of what the install shop recommends for me to install in this respect.

Also what is a good HU to use, I really like the new Alpines.

Thanks in advance for all your help guys.

Also Alpine guy where in canada are you from, am shopping around for a good installer.

thanks

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like your on the right track so far, after you decide on the speakers ( JL would also be a good choice) and decide on a head unit (All high end versions of Eclipse, Alpine, Pioneer), definately look into getting an alternator to feed this set up all the juice it will need ( www.mechman.com <best reccomendation, and dominik ireggi alternators) I would say about 180 amps or larger should do the trick for you. Remember to factor is some sound dampening (Cascade has always impressed me, better than dynamat).

As for your other question i live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, right where all the great lakes squish together at there skinnyest points.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic