icon

nve-n872a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nchohmi 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed this nav unit with my IVA-D310 and I am wondering if anyone has had much time to figure thing out. My dad has a factory nav system in his honda ridgeline and his nav maps invert colors to black background and white streets at night and I want mine to do that but am unable to figure out if and how to do that.........
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

nchohmi wrote:
I recently installed this nav unit with my IVA-D310 and I am wondering if anyone has had much time to figure thing out. My dad has a factory nav system in his honda ridgeline and his nav maps invert colors to black background and white streets at night and I want mine to do that but am unable to figure out if and how to do that.........

i have the iva-d310 and im about to buy the nav. IF its even possible to invert the colors on this alpine nav, it should tell you how in the owners manual. if you cant find anything on it in the manual, then i doubt it does it. my friend already has the nav and i borrowed his car to drive from tucson to phoenix.  i played with the nav for the whole 2 hours i was driving. i do not think it inverts colors, but i could be wrong.

nchohmi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah it doesn't mention it in the manual. Damnit! I thought I was the first one in Tucson to have this! I suppose I still could be! lol
aloe_cool 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know if this is what you are talking about but there is a Day/Night/Auto mode.
Auto will turn to Night mode when your lights are on.
Night mode the colors are a little different.
I like it on Day mode because with the D310 I have it on auto dimming so Night mode is too dark for me. It is good though if you don't dim with the D310. Hope this helps
nchohmi 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I have found that feature and mine does get dimmer at night but my dad has a Nav system and his actually inverts colors at night, his has a black background with white streets, i like that but i dont think mine will do that.
Dsteinmann 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
my kenwood does that but i dont like it i leave it on day all the time
james048a 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
I have mine set to auto mod, and it dims with the D310
It does not invert the colors but makes it darker at night.
* Alpine IVA-D310,
* Alpine NVE-N872A nav,
* Alpine PXA-H701,
* Alpine MRV-F345, MRD-M1005
* Alpine Type-X 10"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic