icon

94 Camry, Viper 160XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
schmitt14 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
I just bought a Viper 160XV, remote start and keyless entry.  The keyless entry works great, and I have everything else hooked up.  I just need to know where these 2 wires go on my 94 Camry?    The wires are a Orange (-) ground when armed ouput and a WHITE/ Blue (-) remote start activation input.  I need to know what exactly they are for and what wires they attach to on my car.  Any information would be helpful.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
The ORANGE is for a NEGATIVE Output when the Unit is Armed for a Starter Kill Relay or other Device.
The WHITE / Blue is for a Seperate Device to activate your Remote Start, like your Factory Remote...........
Unless you want Starter Kill or Something else to Start your Vehicle ...just tape them up
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
schmitt14 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
I have another problem also.  I can't get my remote start to work.  It starts fine without the remote start, so I know I have the starter kill hooked up correctly.  I have one wire connected to a 1st ignition source and another hooked up to a 2nd ignition source.  I have a 12V source.  (Direct from Battery) .  What else has to be hooked up for it to work?   Any information would be great.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
What about the Tach wire? You will need to program the Tach once you have located the wire.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.94 Camry, Viper 160XV -- posted image.
schmitt14 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
This is problem a dumb question, but why would the Tach Wire being disconnected cause the remote start not to work?
schmitt14 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
schmitt14 wrote:
This is probably a dumb question, but why would the Tach Wire being disconnected cause the remote start not to work?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
If the parking lights don't flash when you hit the remote start button, then check and make sure your hoodpin isn't giving a ground to the gray wire.  Then make sure that the small BLACK/ white wire in the same harness as the tach, hood pin, and brake shutdown wires is grounded.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
schmitt14 wrote:
This is problem a dumb question, but why would the Tach Wire being disconnected cause the remote start not to work?
No such thing as dumb a question, only being stupid not to understand something by simply asking.   
Tach:
"This wire will vary the number of negative pulses with engine speed. This wire can be tested with a digital multi-meter set to AC voltage."
Basically it allows the remote starter to disengage the starter (cranking) when the engine is running. As to your question, if the tach wire is disconnected the remote starter would not know if the engine is running or not.    
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.94 Camry, Viper 160XV -- posted image.
daze 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
or you could just make it very simple and run it in voltage sense mode. just look in the manual for the programing instructions
Thats my 2 cents.... take it for what its worth!
Nothing can replace experience
94 Camry, Viper 160XV -- posted image.
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
voltage is not as dependable as tach mode, as far as programing tach. just start the car with the key, with in 5 seconds hold the valet button untill the led lights up solid let go and your done.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic