icon

Autopage 855LCD & Dodge Diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jhellemn 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed an Autpage RS-855LCD on a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel.  It remote starts fine when it is not really cold.  Currently it is programmed for voltage sensing.  When it gets below 32 degrees and the diesel starts a little harder, the remote start is not cranking long enough for a successful start.  My question is, should the crank time just be increased?  My fear is that when it is not as cold it will overcrank the engine.  Should I switch to tach sensing and hook up the tach wire?  For those familiar with the Autopage, what is the best way to program it for a diesel application?  Thanks!

John Hellemn

Preyhunter 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
I say use tach sensing since it's the most reliable method anyway. On diesel models, the tach wire is at the ECM on the lower driver side of the engine, 60 pin plug, pin 24, or at the camshaft position sensor just left of the ECM, in a 3 pin plug. It's a super easy process for the Autopage to learn the tach signal. Just make sure you go through the learning process before attempting to remote start.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the tach. 
jhellemn 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  

I added the tach wire last night.  At 18 degrees this morning the diesel remote started perfectly.  Thank you guys very much!  The Autopafe 855LCD really is a nice unit.

John Hellemn

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic