Canbus 2 in a New Chrysler or Magnum

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ccolumbu 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

shhnappa,

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C, I am going to buy the  API4 from beijerautomotive, would you be so kind as to let me know what CAN Bus wire you soldered to to get your VSS working?

Thanks.

oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hello CCOLUMBU,

Instead of him, I am happy to tell you:

Yours is 300C, so HEMI engine, right? OK, here is instruction:   1 Disconnect Battery cable at the trunk  2 Open engine hood.  3 You can see Black-box just behind passenger's side head-lamp unit. that one comes with Aluminum tubes and harness, that is ABS control module. 4 Disconnect connector(Black 47way) 5 find Dark Green with White wire at cavity 33. this is wheel speed signal wire.  6 pick up this wire, then route from engine compartment to the inside.      7 hook up this wire to API4's blue, ACC to API's red, Ground to API's Black. then connect battery, test your vehicle. VSS output of API4 are 2 wires.          You may choose yellow(1:1) or green(1:4). It depends on Navigation's computer chip. we usually choose green wire.  Call or e-mail to Beijerautomotive to make sure it works or not with your vehicle before installation.  API4 is "mess" than installation of B2S. but B2S is more expensive than API4. Good Luck!

ccolumbu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

oddball,

Thanks for the info, I bought a CANPULSE2 from SoundGate, and hooked it up as described, but it does not work.

Then I read a bit more carefully and noticed a few things, it looks like I did not buy the API4 I bought the CANPULSE2, I looked in SoundGate's web site and they recommeded the CANPULSE2 for my 300c. So now it wants me to connect yellow to can bus high, and blue to can bus low. It also have red+black as we expect and orange which is the last wire, for analog speed out. Any idea what wires in the 300c I should attach the canbus high and low to?

What a disaster for me. I am feeling like a pet monkey.

firstrax 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
ccolumbu wrote:

Any idea what wires in the 300c I should attach the canbus high and low to?

I would imagine they would connect to the J1962 connector. Heres a couple of pictures from the good book.

If possible verify with the manufacturer.

Canbus 2 in a New Chrysler or Magnum - Page 2 -- posted image.

Canbus 2 in a New Chrysler or Magnum - Page 2 -- posted image.

ccolumbu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

firstrax,

Thanks for the info, just one question, where in the car would I find the J1962 connector?

I tried to connect to the:

"CAN C picking up point is "The right side of glove box".you can pick up exterior CAN inside interior! At passenger's side A pillar bottom, there are 3 big connectors from the bottom to the top.also they have LOCK TAB.#1 front foward connector is it.Light Grey Connector with 26 way.cavity 6 is WHITE/ Light blue( CAN C +) cavity 7 is WHITE/ Light green(CAN C -)."

Per aother post, I connected can high to can + and low to -, no effect.

firstrax 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
ccolumbu wrote:

firstrax,

Thanks for the info, just one question, where in the car would I find the J1962 connector?

Usually under dash, drivers side. I don't know specifically on the 300. But every car has one. Its the diagnostics connector. I manufacture an interface that pulls vehicle speed from that port (for different reasons).

If it helps the code to request current speed is $02,$01,$0D.

ccolumbu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2006 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

Repost of my unreadable post above:

Thank you all for your help, unfortunately no dice.

I called Sound Gate and they did say the correct pair to hook this up is the WHITE/ blue and white green behind the glove box as was stated here in an earlier post.
I did not cut the can wires; I stripped off the insulation a bit and soldered the canpulse2 blue and yellow to them.
Any other suggestions?
This forum has been very helpful, than you all for your time!

ccolumbu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I don't feel so dumb now!!!

Found out that the part the dealer sent me is not what I ordered.

They are re-shipping. I hope that fixes the problem.

Than you all for your help.

ccolumbu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

Got the part I ordered. Installeed it, that fixed the peoblem.

It all works Hurray.

Thanks again everyone.

smoove05magrt 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
ok.. I have a 2005 Dodge magnum RT with the HEMi and i need to install  the canpulse2 as well..  which wire is the can high wire and which is the can low??
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic