icon

92 Taurus power locks switch quit 1 day

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
I put a remote starter in my winter car a 1992 Ford Taurus and all the sudden one day after a 45 min trip to the mall I went to lock the doors with the drivers door switch and nothing... The power window switches still work on both sides... There is a maxi fuse under the hood that will blow as soon as I replace it. So me being the smart installer I am figured out theres a short somewhere! GO ME! hahah But all of the sudden out of the blue the power locks just quit? I checked the lock wiring because I had to cut the wires because they were reverse polarity. They didn't seem to be grounding out anywhere... But that was just a quick check It didn't blow the lock fuses off the remote starter (Astroflex 2206) and the keyless entry off the starter still works... So do I have enough evidence right here to assume the switch is bad? Has anyone else ran into this problem??? THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS!!!!!  
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Did the drivers door switch ever work after you installed the remote starter? If not then I would bet you have a faulty connection. Even if they did your connection may have failed. I would do a good inspection of the areas I cut and connected to.  I doubt the switch has gone bad. Not impossible but, I would suspect the wiring first.
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah the switch lasted a few months... I was thinking that some how one of the wire strands slipped out of the butt connector and touched ground but I haven't done a complete inspection and reconnection of the lock wire I cut yet... So thats my only way to tell pretty much?... Is there a diagram to tell what wires to test comming out of the switch for lock and unlock I know its pink / YELLOW and pink/green but is that it? Its weird that the keyless entry on the remote still works? I'm almost stumped here i'll have more answers this weekend. THANKS!

*Correction the unit is a 2106 XR by AstroFlex* Not a 2206... SILLY ME!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic