icon

remote start not starting on first crank

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkysemail 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
I know this is going to sound weird but i had a problem before where i went to remote start the car and it cranked but didn't start. the sequence shut down and goes for a second attempt. during the second attempt it starts. i was using a dei alarm with a code alarm transponder bypass box. i realized that the code alarm was a piece so i ditched it and hooked up a dei transponder bypass. Everything has been fine since then (5 months ago) until i went to start my car in 34 degree weather and it did it again. Same thing---won't start during first crank but starts fine on second crank. Once the car warmed up the remote start worked fine every time. My question is....Is this problem being caused buy the transponder not getting signal or by the secod starter wire. What exactly happens if the second starter wire is not hooked up? Will it still crank in cold?  Thanks, Marc
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
first...what is the year make and model?  has this ever happen with the key?  and is the tach wire hooked up?  if the system is using a voltage sense then this could be ur problem......
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
i had this with a car recently. The only cause that i could find was that the tach was set too low. To cure it i set the rpm when the car had just started and the choke was on. It was sitting at about 1300rpm at this point. Now when its cold it always starts first time.
sparkysemail 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

The make of the car is a 2005 nissan Sentra SE-R. This never happens with the key. just remote start. The car is using the tach wire as a tach wire. As for the rpm being set to low this might be the case becasue i did set the rpms when they car was idleng at about 500. But my question is if i do that (set it at about 1300 when it turns on) will the car shut off when it eventually goes down to 500 thinking there is a problem?

Thanks Again,

Marc

boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
The same thing happens to me especially when it gets cold. I do have the tach hooked up. It's a 92 S-10 4.3L automatic.    Since it starts fine the second try I never worried too much about it. On very rare occasions it's failed to re crank and I have to hit the button again.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like the 2 starter wire is not hooked up. Nissan uses a second starter wire that helps the car start when its colder.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
hook up the second starter circuit as mentioned... if it already is, or this doesnt correct the problem you may want to increase the crank time slightly....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic