icon

HU wiring with Premium Audio systm/amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcx2 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I need some help, Im trying to wire an Eclipse AVN 5435 HU into my car, however, the truck came equipped with the "premium sound" JBL package, this package consist of an external amp, (see pics), as far as I can tell, no company makes harnesses for this ( it is a 20 pin harness), So I believe I need to slice to make the HU work. I will not need the external amp, as I will power the system off an external amp and the HU. My question is how do I wire it since the wires run from stock HU to back of car, where do I splice? I know I just need a coupl wires (everything expect the output to the speakers), any help? all pics included.
HU wiring with Premium Audio systm/amps - Last Post -- posted image.HU wiring with Premium Audio systm/amps - Last Post -- posted image.HU wiring with Premium Audio systm/amps - Last Post -- posted image.HU wiring with Premium Audio systm/amps - Last Post -- posted image.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Usually there's no need.  Buy the harness for your car and hook up the amp turn on lead. 
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Hickmanae3 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

If its not a bose internal amp. Then it shouldnt be a b**ch to install. BUt regardless u should be able to find a harness. Just look on ebay first for it

No security system can beat the tow truck :(
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
i am going to assume that this is an explorer. the harness you need is metra 70-5600. we sell them at bestbuy they are $18.49
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
jcx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
searched for harness, from schosce and other compaies no luck, it is a toyota tacoma, nothing seems to fit.
geepherder 
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

I reread your original post, and you said you wanted to use your own amp.  I misunderstood, I was thinking you were just adding a deck.  Here's what you can do: the plug on the right is probably for the speakers, since the wires are bigger.  Unplug that harness.  Now test pairs of wires for continuity (you're looking for the speakers, so probably around 4 ohms).  As you find them, touch a battery to these wires and you should hear a "pop".  That will let you know you have the speakers.  If you touch the battery to the wires and the cone moves out- toward you, then the wire you touched to the positive terminal is positive, the other negative.  If the cone moves in- away from you, it's the other way around.

jcx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I have the electrical manuel in PDF, however, im having a hard time reading it, any clarifications? http://www.jcx2.com/audio_separate_amp.pdf
geepherder 
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
That's cool- it has the wire colors and all (typical Toyota colors).  Scroll half way down the first page where it says "Stereo Component Amplifier" and the wires are labelled for you.  FL+ would be front left positive (pink), and so on.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic