icon

Best Brands of Car Audio available?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alexv305 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
What are the best brands of Car Audio exquipment available? Post what you think is the best here..
Alpine HU
Directed 5-Band Equalizer
Two Pionner 6x8 4-ways
Two Pionner 6x9 3-ways
Audiobahn A6004T
Two Kicker L5 15s
Soundstream PCA2000D
Audiobahn 1 Farad Power Cap
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
For amplifiers and heavy electronics I'd prolly vote McIntosh and Zapco...for speakers? I dunno ... any of a half-dozen companies... McIntosh maybe.. Morel, Focal... most of the larger manufacturers like JL or MBQuart really don't quite play in the realm of those..
For CD players I woulda said Nakamichi a few years ago but who knows whats happened to them... maybe Eclipse now?
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Ok first off there is no best . Some sub have advantages over each other like example Kicker L7 and JL Audio w7  Built to spec. boxes the L7 would get louder. But the JL Audio would sound alot better.

My favorite is Kicker i just like the way they sound. They don't sound bad to me i just like them

some other brands are DD, Really high series by Rockford Fosgate, Mtx ain't to bad, Eclipse, and Bramha is good i heard.

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
that is true there is no best sub in the market. it dependes though there can be a best sub, amp, components, mids for a paticular sicuation it all depends tell us what you are looking for. the money you want to spend. and eny other info you can give would be helpful.
if you were gust asking for the best stuff out there it depends on what you like.
but for the amps id have to go with mcintosh and zapco too they are REALY reliable and have the spec's to back it up
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
This is like asking a vegetarian how they like their steak.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
MOOOOOOO!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Go with Audiobahn all the way. Just kidding. There's lots of "good" brands out there. Listen around and judge for yourself is my advice.
'85 Toy
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
zapco, mcintosh, tru, diamond, high end phoenix gold, eclipse to name a few.
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
you really forgot a few. like thump, roadmaster, rockwood, and JBC what's high end without them?Best Brands of Car Audio available? -- posted image.
Cougar.Modder 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
I truly love my McIntosh amps. I use the PG for my subs and MB Quart Q's for the mid/tweet. I used to use OZ Audio like 10 years ago and they seemed to win me a couple IASCA comps with the PPI amps I used to run. Man there are so many out there its all about the $$$ being spent, and then the install is the KEY!!! Just research and then look in your wallet and decide what you can buy from there.
Alpine 7830 HU-4X100 W McIntosh -2X110 W McIntosh-MB Quart Q's Mid Tweets-4X10" Phoenix Gold Subs-Phoenix Gold EQ215ix-AC Epi-PG Line Driver-Phoenix Gold 1 Farad Cap -Clifford Avantguard 4-2 Ear Plugs
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic