icon

2000 Civic Remote Start Rage!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zhamnov 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

My civic has two after market switches, one on the driver kick panel that's for the remote starter and one in the glove box that might be.  Also has a blue light on the dash that looks like an alarm system but I have no idea what it's for.

When the blue light is solid, all is well, but twice during the time i've owned the car that light will blink instead.  When this happens the key will not start the car, only the remote will.  Not a huge deal, but then while it's remote started the hazards flash almost all the time while driving and it drives me insane!! 

This has happened before, but I just messed with different combos of the two aformentioned switches.  Well not this time and it's sending me in to an uncontrollable blind rage!!!

Also when I leave the car for a while after it's off the hazards will eventually stop flashing.  That is, until I open a door again.  I tried locking and unlocking the driver door with the key and it felt like it was unlocking funny (having to be pushed with the key instead of popping over)

Any help would be appreciated because I have to go to work soon and I don't feel like delivering pizzas all night with my hazards on.

Smash it with a bat till it works.
zhamnov 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
To make matters worse I wanted to play a quick game of hockey before work to calm down and my XboX is broken too.  Zhamnov Smash!!!!!
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hello there well to try to answer your question. 1 the reason your lights are flashing is beacuse u might have an after market alarm in the car that's why u can't start the car when the lights are flashing beacuse it means the alarm has been triped and there's a starter kill in it. when the little blue light is solid is in valet mode so u will be safe there aslong as it stays solid. and u might think to yourself why don't i hear a siren well somebody might have cut the wires to the siren under the hood look in there and see if u have 1.and there other reason why the lights falsh when u drive it is beacuse the person that hooked up the alarm didn't hook it up right.... Did u buy the car used?????????   and the other thing u can do find the little button that looks like a push button put the key in the start position and hold the button for 5 seconds condsidering is a viper with the blue light that u mention but i don't know. once the light turns solids let go of the button and take the key out.... let me know or u can try to look underneath the dash and see what u have
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah it's more than likely a viper 160.  If the led is flashing just hit the unlock button on the transmitter. The led will go out and the starter-kill has been disabled.  After that you should have no problems starting the car with the key.  If you can find the brain of the unit  I can tell you how to program that crappy security feature off.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
zhamnov 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

However since I was late for work I just started frantically toggling the kickplate switch until the hazards started flashing different, then I messed with the glove box switch while turning the key and it eventually worked.  Don't ask how, I don't even remember exactly what I did.

Yes I did buy the car used and the guy who owned it before me did a bunch of small pointless mods to it (dash lights that change colors).  I have a feeling he didn't really know what he was doing because the kickplate switch I mentioned is mounted right where the hood latch should be and the hood latch is just hangin out not attached to anything.

Anyway I got it to work but this has happened before and will surely happen again, so thank you.

BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
So??? Why did you buy this car again??? haha sorry... Wiring nightmares... This is one of the reasons I like working at a shop and one of the reasons why I hate aftermarket alarms. I suggest that you bring it to your closest car audio shop they should be able to tell you the model of the unit FOR FREE when their not busy... that way you can hopefully bring it to a shop that deals with that brand. Maybe you can contact the guy you bought it from and ask him? If none of that works or helps you then i'd suggest having that shop or another one completely remove all aftermarket wiring related to the starter and alarm. I'd suggest getting a new one installed of your choice, but thats up 2 u.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic