icon

Clifford Matrix RSIII Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boymata 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
I have an RSIII installed in a 2001 Honda CRV EX. It worked flawless for a couple of years. Then last week while leaving work, i tried unlocking but it will not respond to my transmitter. I even replaced the battery in the transmitter and still will not respond. I had to do an overide so the alarm would stop. Imagine the embaresement(sp) when other employees are glaring at you while the alarm goes off.
Did I run into some sort of interference like WI-Fi, radar jammers, other security systems in the area? Is there a component that fails after a couple of years? is there any thing I can check on myself before visiting my DEI Installer? My wifes Accord is also experiencing similar issues. Any suggestions and assistance will be greatly appreciated. thank you.     
gh057 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

Probally the antenna?? Does it respond if you are in very close proximity to the vehicle? Also sometimes the solder joints in the remotes need to be retouched with a soldering iron (we usually do 6 a week lately).

Hope that helps

boymata 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
The system does not respond to my transmitter in close range, even if i place the transmitter inches from the heterodyne antenna. You mentioned solder points. Is it the solder points on the circuit board? Hope my installer does not laugh when i mention this. Thank you for your reply.
auto_sec_paul 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Could be Solder joints like gh057 said.....sometimes installers rush to get the job done and a cold solder happens (solder does not penetrate the wire, only "balls" up on it and causes it to become brittle) which causes the wire to break off with only a small amount of vibration-leaving the alarm with no power or a malfunction......I think every installer has had that happen to him at least once in his lifetime.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic