icon

LED's flashing while system disarmed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sxewhodey 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
My last two installs have had the lights flashig when the alarm is de-activated. I think that the flashing goes along with the shock sensor(Im pretty sure this is the cause), but how do I get rid of this? The scytek alarm Im installing has the brightest LED ever and my wife is already screaming at me to put tape over it. Please help
Im Rick James
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
it sounds like the ingnition wire is not hooked up to reset the brain when the key is turned on.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
sxewhodey 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick reply I have the power coming straight from the battery, so I just need to run an accesory source into the alarm brain? Please elaborate some if you have a bit of time.LED's flashing while system disarmed -- posted image.
Im Rick James
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

The alarm needs constant power and Ignition power. Look at the wiring diagram. Usually the yellow wire will go to battery and the red wire will go to an ignition source which is only powered when the key is on. The alarm will sense power on this wire and the LED will not flash when the car is on.

sxewhodey 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Sweet, Im sure that youre right. I probably got that "Im amazed it actually worked" syndrome and quit while it worked. Im confident now how to get it. Now I just have to fiish my project Tribute and eliminate the other 20 problems. Thanks again
Im Rick James

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic