icon

alarm goes off when remote started

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yardy1980 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
after market alarm goes off when theh car is remote started in the cold, im thinking that the rough start sets off the sensor, any ideas anyone, cause this is getting really annoying.  and i also noticed that i use to be able to remote start the car right after i shut it off and lock the doors but now i have to wait for a few hours before i can do it again      alarm is prestige aps996a
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
I would think that a combo unit should have the smarts to temporarily disable the shock sensor during remote starts but apparently not. You can use a relay that breaks the connection to the shock sensor during remote start only. Use the ground out while running output to feed it.
As for the few hour wait...what exactly is it ot isn't it doing? Does it try to start but doesn't stay running...does it not even try...do the lights flash. Does your system not allow you to remote start if the alarm has been triggered?
Steve G
rsudbay 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
i think you have a bad system, i have the same aps996a and it dose disable the remote start during start. but if you have a serious shaky car, it might set it of like 10 sec after the car starts and the shock sensor is re- inabled. all i can say is hit lock button 3 times and that will bypass the shock sensor, and then remote start. when you shut the car off. unlock and then arm agian
hey, everyone has got to start somewhere. but ill learn
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Unplug the shock sensor and see if the problem continues. If it stops try bypassing that sensor during remote start.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
yardy1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the great info, i will definately  unplug the sensor and see what happens,  but  to answer two of the questions...  the alarm doesnt go off right when started, it usually takes a minute or two   and when trying to start it right after,    it tries to start but doesnt crank, it acts as if the bypass module is not sending the signal to the car
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

The issue with this alarm RS combo is the inital design. There were quite a few revisions within this model. I bought the first breed REV A for my girls car. It did need some bugs worked out like the issue mentioned above. She has to disarm the alarm before she can RS the system. The newer revisions are smart enough to bypass the shock sensor but this is only for the duration of the start. Like someone said above this will re enable the SS after crank. So if the car is somewhat shaky it will set it off. Also that you mentioned in the cold, the vehicles tend to rev at a higher level in the begining then kick down so you may get a little more vibration. Even if you dont want to disconnect the shock sensor there is an adjustment screw on the front face of it. Turn the screw left to lower the sensitivity and turn it right to raise it. The shock sensor is usally wiretied to the steering colum or a wireing harness in that area it is a lottle black box about 1" X 2" in size.

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I still think a relay to break the shock sensor input during remote start would be a pretty easy fix. Use the ground out while runnning to feed it and it will be off during the whole runtime.
Steve G
yardy1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
thnks for the info, ill probably just bypass it while its running, any ideas why  it takes so long to start sometimes
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean it takes a long time to start? When you push the button twice the lights flash and the car should start. Where are you seeing the long duration period?
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
yardy1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
no it doesnt  start at all, if i just got finished driving theh car and then get out and arm it and then try to start it, it wont,    but if i wait for maybe 30 min, it starts right up.    maybe its something wrong the bypass module   but why would  it only work when i leave the car for a long period of time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic