icon

2003 pontiac grand prix remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rsudbay 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

I have run into a problem. i am putting a clifford matrix rs 3.5 into a 2003 pontiac grand prix. as you know, when you turn the car off, the radio and windows still stay on for awhile or untill you open a door. so when you turn off the remote start with the alarm active, you cant trip the door trigger or the alarm will go off. how do i get the remote start to shut this off while keeping the alarm active. where can i find the box that controlls this function. where can i find the wire for the door trigger. there is no button on the door jams.

hey, everyone has got to start somewhere. but ill learn
daze 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
use a pulse time relay I think 528t, to pulse the door trigger when the remote start is activated (ignition neg output from brain) the time relay will stay activated for as long as the remote start is running then close the door trigger a few seconds after the car shuts down.
Thats my 2 cents.... take it for what its worth!
Nothing can replace experience
2003 pontiac grand prix remote start -- posted image.
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
lets start withwiring info for 03 grandprix
12 volt -red      @ ignition harness
ignition 1 -pink
starter    -yellow
dome(door trigger)-RED / black(-)driver kick panel at 2 pin plug.The pin switch is built in the door latch mechanism,when latch activates door is closed.
ignition 2-white
ignition 3-brown
accessories -orange
tach wire- violet/white at ignition module on passenger side of engine.
vehicle has immobilizer in ign key so a bypass module is required
gm passlock 3-no key required
(omega part number db-pass-23a).
universal bypass w/pass-4 key required.
rsudbay 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
so i am not doing something right when it comes to my bypass. i am bypassing a 2003 pontiac grand prix w/ pass key 3. i was givin the 555g to do it. i need the wire colors for the grand prix needed to bypass. oh, and it askes me to choose between a fuel or data imobalizer? the wires i need are the (fuel/data) wire and the ignition one. please help
rsudbay 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
i have a pontiac grand prix 2003, i need help finding the thing that controls the delay function from when you take your keys out. It is the box that keeps you radio and stuff on when you take you keys out untill you open a door. my problem is when i turn my remote start off. my radio stays on untill i open a door. i cant just trip the door trigger because wont that set off my alarm if i am remote starting while the car is armed.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
fuel
there's a 4 or 5 wire harness up with the ign harness, it has pink, orange, purple, blue and black wires in it.
the pink wire is the ign wire the bypass talks about, the blue wire is the fuel enable.
the green wire on the 555G goes the light greeen 20awg wire in the main ign harness
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Pulse the drivers door pin after shutdown.....the radio will shut off. What kind of unit are you installing....DEI calls if factory rearming I believe. What ever output you use it needs to pulse after runtime only.... 
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
The Grand Prix uses the BCM to activate a RAP relay to keep your radio on until a door is opened. Your remote starter should be wired to the vehicle's disarm wire to shut off the alarm during unlock and remote start. To rearm the alarm you will need to reprogram the car to allow it to rearm with the door open and the lock circuit activated. This is shown in your owner's manual. You then must use the lock wire from the remote starter to pulse the door lock wire and the rearm wire to pulse the driver's door pin wire after shut down. Depending on your remote starter you may need a relay to open the disarm wire during remote start operation, as if the BCM sees the car's ignition on, the door open and the lock circuit activated, it won't allow the doors to lock. It thinks you are going to lock yourself out of a running car. Use a relay powered by ignition and the ground out when running to trigger a relay (pin 86 & 85) to open the doorpin pulse wire. Cut the rearm pulse wire and connect it to terminals 87a and 30.
sparky
rsudbay 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
ok, so i have narrowed out the passlock. my car is a pontiac grand prix. my remote start will start up for 4 seconds and then shut off. what could this be if i know it is not the passlock system. please help.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure your remote starter is powering up both ignition wires (pink and white) and both accessory wires (orange and brown). Make sure that the ignition circuits stay powered during crank and that the accessory circuits drop out during crank. The Tach wire is the White wire at the ignition coils. Do not use the violet/white wire. Program the remote starter for the correct tach signal. Make sure your remote starter is grounded to a clean paint free area of the body, NOT the dash. An easy way to rule out the Passkey III system is to disconnect your bypass and repair the cut wires and then try the remote starter with a key in the ignition cylinder, but don't turn it on. This will allow the car to see the transponder in the key. It may help with trouble shooting.
sparky
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic