icon

2002 BMW, Viper 719xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aceofbass 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Hi installers I have a 2002 bmw convertible, I just installed a viper 719xv alarm and remote start. It is all fitted and I now have problem with the remote start and by pass module. The car will start with the viper remote just after I start it with my bmw key then 10 seconds later it will not start with the remote. What can I do to solve this please help me.  
ace of bass
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
when you say you start the car with the key, then it will work with the remote after is this all the time you have to do this? what moduel did you use, is the key secure inside it properly,
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

Bmr's have the most stickly transponders in the world....I NEVER do one without a factory ring BMW part #66-008362278.

I don't care what anyone says here on this forum, this is the easiest way to go. First time, every time.

http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1060.pdf

One thing....I would just tape the h*ll out of the key in the ring instead of cutting it off. Hide it well!!!

OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Bmr's have the most stickly transponders in the world....I NEVER do one without a factory ring BMW part #66-008362278.

I don't care what anyone says here on this forum, this is the easiest way to go. First time, every time.

You have to have the transponder ring on the very most outer part of the cylinder.   556U and some hot glue does the trick. 

aceofbass 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
OhioMike1101 wrote:
KarTuneMan wrote:

You have to have the transponder ring on the very most outer part of the cylinder.   556U and some hot glue does the trick. 

HI I DO HAVE A 556U WITH THE KEY INSIDE BUT STILL NO JOY.

ace of bass
aceofbass 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
aceofbass wrote:
OhioMike1101 wrote:
KarTuneMan wrote:

HI I DO HAVE A 556U WITH THE KEY INSIDE BUT STILL NO JOY.

HI do you want me to wire it in to the factory ring or totally independent.

ace of bass
aceofbass 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1060.pdf

One thing....I would just tape the h*ll out of the key in the ring instead of cutting it off. Hide it well!!!

Hey part is on order will inform you of results thank you.

ace of bass
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
for the brake you have to use the brown wire, to do up you have to use the 4ch and for down use the 5ch conect the 4 ch to the lock wire and the 5ch conect to the unlockwire.2002 BMW, Viper 719xv -- posted image.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  

use a factory ring the power lock wire fit perfect, so you have to wires green and blue caming fron the ring find the factory inmobilazer wires should be two wires twisted cut one wire don't care which one use a relay like that.

87 green wire fron the new ring

87a key side factory inmobilazer wire

30 use the other wire from the factory inmobilazer

86 ignition

85 blue/white from remostart (wire should be ground as soon the r/s starts.)

the othe blue wire from the ring goes to the other wire that you did not cut.

make sure to hide the ring with the key well2002 BMW, Viper 719xv -- posted image.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
aceofbass 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, Anyone knows how I can hook up my hazed lights to the alarm instead of my daytime running lights flashing. For a bmw 2002 3 series please help me with what wires I need to hook up my 12v light flash so my hazards flash. I have look at the hazard light switch and I have hooked it up but it button flashes and not the signal lights. I can see five wires from the switch. Then I tried finding the right and left signal wires but no joy. Help help help.
ace of bass
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic