icon

no green light on the amp only red

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kundi13 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

hi, ive got 2x500watt spl subs and 500watt toxic 2channel amp bridgeable.  the sub and the amp works great when i play it indoors and the amp produces a green light (connected to a transformer). but when i connect it in the car the amp shows a protection bright red light and no sub works but everything else works fine so why doesnt it work in tha car???? thanks.

kundi
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Check the ground connection....first!   Is the turn on signal from your deck working? turn the deck on and check at the amp for voltage at the power connecter and the turn on connector.  Also, if you some how toasted one of your subs, that can open the flood gates on the amp and it will go into protect mode. Check the voice coils on the subs with a multi meter. Make sure you wired them correctly also!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Please don't post multiple threads with the same question, kundi13.

As stated in several responses, your problem is either bad wiring (power and/or ground,) too low impedence load, bad speaker wiring, a blown speaker, or too low voltage from your vehicle.

Support the12volt.com
kundi13 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
hi thanks for your replys. by the way when i play the sub indoors it dont connect to any decks because i dont have any lolz. i just connect using a transformer with plus and negative on it and connect it to a mp3 player and listen. but thanks. i try rewire it in the car again i mean like its total 1500watts im using which really aint that big is it so i dont think i be needing 2 batteries as it is a clio with a 12v battery. hopefully the red protection light can piss off and let the green light appear.
kundi

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic