icon

564T Unlocks Doors on AutoStart?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itpdiesel 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a Hornet 564T in to a 2004 F350 Ford Super Duty (Diesel).  Everything works as expected except during AutoStart.

When I press the AutoStart button on the remote, the doors unlock.  They will remain unlocked until I press the ARM button on the remote.  I'm completely baffled by this.  The locks work perfectly with ARM and DISARM...why would the alarm brain send an unlock command upon beginning autostart?

Thanks...Dennis

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you hook the factory disarm input up to? If it's hooked to the unlock wire, then it will pulse when the remote start is activated.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
itpdiesel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

Chris,

The factory disarm output (-) is only attached to a 528T timer module per the instructions I found on this site (since my 2004 doesn't have an accessible Wait To Start wire).  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=66424&KW=528T

The door locks are wired with relays directly to the VSM wires for lock and unlock.  See below for details:

The GREEN (+ unlock) wire from the 564T goes to one side of the coil.  The other side of the coil is grounded.  Common goes to ground and the NO goes to the unlock wire on the VSM.  When the 564T triggers unlock (+ on Green wire), the relay closes and shows ground to the unlock wire on the VSM and the doors unlock.

The BLUE (+ lock) wire from the 564T goes to one side of the coil.  The other side of the coil is grounded.  Common goes to ground and the NO goes to the lock wire on the VSM.  When the 564T triggers lock (+ on Blue wire), the relay closes and shows ground to the lock wire on the VSM and the doors lock.

I did this because I didn't want the + voltage going to the VSM (not knowing if that could damage the VSM and not having any diodes during the install).  I've since been told that I could have just connected the wires directly to the VSM (swapping them to use - UNLOCK and - LOCK of course) and that it wouldn't have hurt the VSM.  Is there any possibility that using the relays is somehow causing this?

I'm really at a loss.  I've called several local DEI installers and they've never heard of this happening.  I went through the procedure to disable the factory AUTOLOCK feature that locks and unlocks the doors in case that was interfering...no help.  I just don't know where else to look?

Thanks!

Dennis

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm...do the doors unlock immediately when the remote start button is pressed, or after a few seconds?
itpdiesel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
Immediately if I remember correctly.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm...the only wires that should do anything immediately on remote start would be
The factory disarm(sends an immediate ground pulse)
The status output(grounds and stays grounded the whole time the remote start is activated)
The parking lights(flash once and then flash or come on steady once the car starts).
Check these wires out and make sure they didn't inadvertently get connected to the unlock circuit. Also, you could temporarily unplug the lock/unlock wire harness and see if that's what sends the unlock signal.
itpdiesel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

Good ideas...I'll try them and get back to you.

Thanks!

itpdiesel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

OK...here goes...

1. Disconnecting the door lock plug (blue and green wires) from side of alarm brain fixes the problem (of course, the locks don't work with arm/disarm that way).  This tells me that the problem is not in the truck factory keyless entry.

2. I removed my relays and wired the blue and green wires directly to the VSM wires.  Lock and Unlock still work flawlessly...and the stupid thing STILL UNLOCKS THE DOORS right when all of the AutoStart relays click.

3. I tested with my light and found that the Blue wire is going to (-) when AutoStart is initiated.

4. I have a friend with a similar truck and about a 1 year old Viper AutoStart setup.  His truck does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the door locks when you initiate AutoStart.  If they are locked, they stay locked.  If they are unlocked, they stay unlocked.  It doesn't seem to care if the alarm is armed or disarmed, it just does nothing with the locks until you hit Arm or Disarm.

What are the chances that something is programmed funny in this alarm brain?  It makes absolutely no sense for the brain to be sending an unlock command when I hit AutoStart????

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!  I spent another 6 hours today under the dash trying to figure this out.  I played with relays and diodes and every possible combination I could come up with to make it work right with no luck.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
I'd have to blame it on the alarm brain at this point...there's no reason for it to send an unlock signal during remote start; that's not even a programming option. You've proven that the unlock wire is definitely what's doing it, so the next suggestion would be to send the brain in for a warranty repair.
If that's not an option, or you have a general idea of how PC boards are laid out, then you could take the brain out of its housing and look for any obvious defects...if I had to guess I would assume that the factory disarm and unlock circuits aren't as separated as they should be - that's pretty vague I know, but it's a starting point.
itpdiesel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

Chris,

Thanks for the confirmation...  I'm going to call the shop I got the alarm from and see if they'll swap brains with me.

Dennis

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic