icon

Amp on a tight budget

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
garretcar 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  

I know I've seen variations of this question thrown around alot, but I wanted to ask again with a few specifics in mind.  I'm looking for a decent 2-channel amp.  I'm only going to use it to power a set of front speakers rated 75RMS.  I'm not at the car audio enthusiast level yet, and I have limited funds, so I want to keep this at the budget level for now.  Speaking in terms of brand reputation, what are my chances of success with these brands (the models I'm considering are noted - don't laugh...I am on a bigtime budget). 

Lightning Audio Bolt Series

Pioneer (GM-3100T)
Dual (PBA2150 )
Jensen (PS260)
Profile (AP400)
Kicker (KX 150.2)

All of these amps are in the 50-75RMS power range.  I'm assuming it is best to try to match it to the speaker ratings, right?

Thanks for your help. 

opy1095 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
if u want i got a practcally new lightning audio that i need 2 sell ---its 4 channel  50x4 rms @ 4 ohms  900 max power--let me know if interested
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

for an amp i would spend the most money on it but in your case i would go with the kicker or pioneer, but there are alot better amps out there for the money you are trying to spend. i dont know of the top of my head though. id have to get back to you. hope this helped 

Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Dual, Jensen and Profile are all to be avoided.
Support the12volt.com
opy1095 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
i agree avoid those brands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mariocesar 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
go for an autotek 75x 2 channel....you will find it at $100 bucks plus shipment at almost any web ....
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
I've been seeing a lot of good deals on nice 2 channel amps lately from SoundDomain.com. Check these out:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLCS602
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ORI47415
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
out of those amps go with the kicker
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Dual, Jensen and Profile are all to be avoided.

Ah jensen and pioneer are the same thing now, so if ya say that you gotta drop pioneer too. But i actually haven't installed one yet or seen one in a car, so what do i know. Well anyway people hate on this company, to me for no reason. www.alphasonik.com they are cheaper then the compition, and very efficent. I had this in situtions were the jl next to it i could literally crack an egg on the amp and cook it but i could still touch the aplhasonik.  And i have yet to kill one of these things and i put them through alot. Problem is you got to get it from a dealer, but if ya do they got a good warranty. 

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  
Jensen and Pioneer?  I could be wrong, but I don't think they are affiliated at all.  Jensen is an Audiovox brand.  As much as I dislike Pioneer, I don't think it would stoop that low.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic