icon

diffrent companies

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
i look on these forms all the time and i can help but notice when i read all these posts that people keep saying that lanzar and soundstream are the same company and things like audiobahn owns alphasonik and i was just wondering how much of this is actaully true. i was just wondering were do people find this information and what companies are all the same and witch ones are diffrent.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

Why would people lie about this?

Unless they are misinformed, the info is almost always correct. If you don't believe what you read here go research it your self. Look up one company and the parent company is usually listed on the website.

Both of these adresses were copied from the Audiobahn website and Alphasoik site. See any similarities??

Audiobahn, Inc.

114 S. Berry St.
Brea, CA 92821
Phone: 714-988-0400
Fax: 714-988-0433 

Alphasonik, Inc.

114 S. Berry St.
Brea, CA 92821
(714) 988-0370 Phone
(714) 988-0371 Fax

Recently MB quart was acquired by Maxxsonics who owns Autotek and Hifonics. Nakamichi is now made in the sam plant that aiwa is produced.

Soundstream is owned by Lanzar and was going through a number of changes.

godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
Yup and jensen is owned by pioneer, Directed owns precision power, Xtreme, orion, not to mention all the alarms they have bought. There are very few companies that arn't actually owned by other companies.
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  

Actually Jensen is owned by Audiovox.

Lanzar and Soundstream are owned by Power Acoustic.

Mtx owns Esoteric Audio, Coustic, Xtant, Streetwires, Atlas Sound, DCM, Magnum and SWX.

DYohn posted a link to a list of companies that own other known companies sometime ago (I think it was over a year ago).

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
If you really get in depth, most car audio companys are not even owned by the name brand.   
I.E   MTX, ESoteric, coustik, Xtant, stetwires ect ect is owned by a company called Mitek
Rockford, Lightning, MB Quart- the name only now is owned by another company
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the site bdl666 mentioned...the link is along the left side.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

Direct link to the page.  Consolidation is a growing trend, especially among audio manufacturers.  This is not necessarily a bad thing except when it means quality becomes worse due to the push for lower and lower prices, and the fact that many of the large holding companies (the parents) are Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean and Singaporean moving wealth and jobs away from North America.

Support the12volt.com
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
and the fact that many of the large holding companies (the parents) are Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean and Singaporean moving wealth and jobs away from North America.
Woot D woot!
Down with Wal-Mart!
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
who owns MA AUDIO?
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged