icon

better sound?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Does it make the sound quality or effect (like shaking of the car) better or stronger if you bolt your box to the trunk floor.

the duce
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Bolting your box to the frame has nothing to do with sq your sq stays the same. the only thing it does is secure your box so it doesn't move around. If you do secure the box to the frame you should put some kind of rubber or sound deadener under the box before you secure it to your vehicale to keep the vibrating to a minimum.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
I do believe there are other benefits to bolting a box down aside from it not moving. In fact it will improve bass transfer through out the vehicle. In a sense the box becomes a part of the car and this will help.
steezs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
ya but i like it when the car shakes a lot :)
the duce
mariocesar 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Dude , just use an aluminium strip (about 5 inches long) and screw it from the box to your trunk...it will be enough to absorb vibrations and secure your box ....
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

Here is my thoughts on this as taught to me from a very old and wise person.

Newton's Third Law of Motion:
III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

If your box is moving aroud your vehicle, it is losing all sorts of energy that should be produced as sound. So yes it will not only have an effect on SPL, but SQ as well. Never mind the fact that it is a missile in an accident. A speaker makes energy on both strokes, in and out. You don't want the box to rob your tonal response of output in any form, be it in SPL or SQ based on the box rattling around or things inside of the box rattling around.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
steezs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Missiles are cool
the duce
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
In Canada, a missile of this type would not be covered under your insurance policy for theft. In the event of a accident even if the accident is not your fault, if that box did impact with another vehicle or person, you would be 100% liable. Secure the box properly in all circumstances.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

Here is my thoughts on this as taught to me from a very old and wise person.

Newton's Third Law of Motion:

So Forbidden you were born around the middle 1600's and early 1700's with Mr. Newton? Very interestingbetter sound? -- posted image.

I have found that using old cd changer brakets is convenient for holding enclosures in place. Make sure the metal versions are used, not the plastic ones. Not only will the metal ones hold a little better, they are some what pliable and this can be good for angled boxes. I usually place the box where I want it, mark it and then screw my brakets down wih bottom part of the "L" under the box. Paint them and they look good too.

forbidden 
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
What do you think is more plausable? The apple fell out of the tree and landed on his head or someone like me threw it at him. better sound? -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic