icon

Trying to run a HU in a house

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged  
Ya automobile car electric systems run on Direct Current, In the united states(since you use 120v as an example) we use Alternating current. Basaclly fry the shhh out of that HU.
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Alright sorry was gone for a bit there.
I'm not planing hooking up the speakers to the deck I'm wanting to use the RCA hook ups to run the two amps i have in my room. one is for the sub, the other is for the speakers.
After the first response i got from dwarren. i have bin looking at the home audio receivers that are out there and i have found that there aren't any receivers that will work for me. what i need to have from the receiver is a two pairs of RCA's that is for the lows, mids, and the highs. either one is for the lows and the other pair is for the mids and highs, either way. another option is i could have one pair of them that runs both the sub and the speakers. i already have the crossover to separate the signals. o ya the receiver also needs to have a aux in so i can hook my computer to it. after looking around i haven't bin able to find anything that will do for me. if anybody knows of a receiver that is going to suite me please help. if not i'm going to go back to doing the deck. witch already has all the RCA's that i need and the aux to. please help and thank you guys so fare for all the help.Trying to run a HU in a house - Page 2 -- posted image.
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
First off, almost all receivers have line-level outputs, so I don't know what you looked at.  But are the amps you plan to use designed for car audio or for home use?  If they are car audio gear, you will be wasting your time trying to make it work in your house.  Not a good idea.  You'll end up spending more for power supplies than you would simply buying the proper home gear.
Support the12volt.com
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

Your deck is capable of bi amping, that is why there are so many RCA outputs. Are you going to bi-amp part of your setup?

Let me ask you this, how many inputs combined do your amps have?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Back to the original topic of using a car HU as a music source, I have an old Pioneer mounted in the wall of my garage using a 450watt computer power supply as my AC-DC converter and the HU amps drive a couple of old bookshelf speakers.  It's my workshop radio.  So it can be fairly easily done if you know what you're doing.  Power amps, though, are a completely different kettle of fish.
Support the12volt.com
footbaldd 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yea if you just want deck power, you could hook up an old at power supply with the switch, or even an atx. If you go with an atx you will need to rig a switch to power it up, but its not too hard. Good luck.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  

like dyohn and dwarren said you are way better off getting the home reciever that suites you and there is diffently one for your need with the help of amps and crossover all designed for home applications.

this will run you some good money either way, i'm not to sure on exactly how much. but if your dead straight on the car audio bit and you have everything except a good power source then you can look into "parts express" parts-express.com, for the power supply that will produce the amparge you require. look for the #120-558 it is a 40 amp and should do you good. but still might be a little under what you nedd thats depending on how many watts rms you will be running, how much amparge your system will require total. this power supply will cost a little under 200 bucks.

you still need to consider that this will not sound like it would in a car. i've got it to go either way, good and bad depending on box design. 

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys you answered really quick.
dwarren wrote:
"Let me ask you this, how many inputs combined do your amps have?"    the answer to that would be two pairs left, right, left, right.
And as an answer to DYohn no this is not car audio stuff that i have in my room. i have a Pyle pt-1800(Pyle for Pyle of crap, but it works) and a rythmik audio amp for the sub.
the amp for the sub is real nice though. o ya and a Pyle crossover(still crap).
DYohn I've bin hearing about this computer power thing could you explain on that topic. i would really like to do this and have that nice alpine deck staring at me (actually working). is the power strip big, complicated, or hard to work with. i gust want to get the deck fully operating, as it would be in a car. also is the stuff to make the strip expensive.
DYhon wrote:
"So it can be fairly easily done if you know what you're doing." "fairly easily done" that doesnt sound to reassuring, if you could tell me what to do in order to do that for this deck (Alpine cda-9851).
or if you think i would be better of going with something else tell me. but i still would like to do this though you now gust to do something different, and cause it is a nice deck to run this setup with if i could get power to it. thanksTrying to run a HU in a house - Page 2 -- posted image.
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for the double post but the crossover is actually for a car hehe.Trying to run a HU in a house - Page 2 -- posted image. so i have a bit of background noise at low levels.
again sorry for the double post Trying to run a HU in a house - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic