the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Cobalt Remote Start bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
We got an 06 Cobalt in at work today (CCity), and everything went fine at first, the non-existant starter wire was a first that any of us have seen, but we figured it out. At first we used the 555L as the bypass, but it wasnt cranking... so I did a search on here, and found that I needed to also use the 556U/UW for a transponder. That got it to crank and start, but it isn't deactivating the factory security. It starts and runs for about 5 seconds, and then the theft light comes on, and the dash flashes "power steering". It stays running, but we cant figure out how to get rid of the theft light. All of the connections are correct, and if we completely disconnect the 555L, it still starts and works the same. This makes me think that the 55L isnt doing anything (either defective, or not the right one). Anyways, my question is, what could cause this, and is there a better bypass that I can use so I dont have to use both the 556u and the pk3 (ie possibly a 556G). If you have an answer, please let me know because he is coming back tomorrow. We are going to call DEI for some assistance, but I know that you guys will actually answer my questions (DEI doesnt tend to help very well).
Thanks again guys.
Kenny
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

Use the OMEGA  :

GM Self Learning (ALL TYPES) Passlock Override (IB-PLJX)
    2006 Cobalt Remote Start bypass -- posted image.
2006 Cobalt Remote Start bypass -- posted image.2006 Cobalt Remote Start bypass -- posted image.GM Passlock 1 & 2 & VATS & Saturn Ion Self Learning (IB-PLXR

Better, Faster & Less come back

Otherwise:

The hard way:

http://www.wiringinstructions.com/241.htm

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
well i did it the hard way (using the link from the other topic), but it registered the resistance as the key being in the ignition (ie lights come one, etc). We may need to order an omega if we can and use it. Is the Code alarm PLXR any different than the Omega PLXR? Also, do I still need to use the 556u with the Omega?
Thanks
Kenny
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
06 cobalt has transponder as well.
you would need a 556L and a 556U with an extra key.
or a PKG7
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  

I did a Malabu recently, and even tho it's listed as "factory remote only" to disarm the factory alarm, there is a negative pulse disarm coming from the drivers door harness that reads while turning the key in the door. I ended up using that to disarm before remote starting. Since they are similar, maybe the Cobalt has one too...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
offroadzj 
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
do you remember what color it was?
Thanks
Kenny
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, no don't remember but it was an easy find with a meter.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
redroc 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
Use a PLXR unless it has a cross on the key then use the pkg7.
offroadzj 
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
Well I have a feeling it is a bad 555L, but my boss made the call, and he wants to wait until DEI does their cobalt before we continue with this guy's car. DEI is doing theirs in 2 weeks, so I'll find out then. And since he's the big boss, I have to just listen. But I have a feeling that the 555L simply wasnt reading the correct R-Code... and it doesnt let you know when it is programmed which kinda sucks.
But anyways, thanks for the help guys.
Kenny
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic