icon

sites to download music

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
I see where the limewire pro is $18.88 (for 6 months), then they don'y say how much after that. How long have you used it? It says you get free upgrades for 6 months but doesn't specify much more info. I had Kazza, both the free and pay version, and both of them let viruses come by. If not for McAfee, they would have got onto my computer. I'm not impressed with kazaa at all. Any info you can share about limewire would be great.
'85 Toy
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
just use the free version and see how you like it. you can download music, pictures, movies, programs. if you are downloading a corrupted file then it will stop the download and tell you. ive had limewire for about a year and ive only paid for the pro version once. but i get a free update every 6 months.
secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
I've used Limewire for about a year with hardly any problems. Use the free version and download full version
sites to download music - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
ASE Certified
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
Ares, Bearshare and Bittorrent. All 100% cost and virus free!
28this 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  

supradude wrote:
I see where the limewire pro is $18.88 (for 6 months), then they don'y say how much after that. How long have you used it? It says you get free upgrades for 6 months but doesn't specify much more info. I had Kazza, both the free and pay version, and both of them let viruses come by. If not for McAfee, they would have got onto my computer. I'm not impressed with kazaa at all. Any info you can share about limewire would be great.

I don't know @ McAfee, I use Norton, but any downloadable site has the possibility of viruses and worms, but as for Lime Wire, I have had the free service for over a year now. I have company over every weekend and my song library just keeps growing and growing. With over 1000 songs downloaded, I have only got one that I tried to download that had a worm attempt. My virus program caught it before the song could even complete download. I use a high speed connection too. I also checked with others I know with limewire, both free and pro and have tried other sites like myself and limewire has the least problems of this type compared to any other site that I have been to.

28this
There's no such word as cant.
You can do anything, if you set your mind to it.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
I've used limewire (free version) for a few weeks now. So far, been great, no problems. Thanks.
'85 Toy
cguys 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
  went to lime wire ,  cool site , is the free version really slow ??   took forever to download a song ,  forget about a movie .  also ran into some viruses , pc cillin caught it right away , but dont download anything if you dont have a current anti virus .  is the pro version 100 times faster ??? 
aaronU 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
I may be slower than the average person, but it took me a couple weeks to figure out limewire. I make sure that I type the exact name of the song under the audio search. Wait for a little while for the files to come up. Download the file with the largest number of users beside it. They are the closest to the top. More users with the file makes for a much faster download.
Hope that helps.
cguys 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
thanks .  i figured it out right away , but some files are really slow or dont load at all after a while ,   want a hard site to use ??  try emule ....i still dont know how to use that one ....  i,m told once it does work , no one traces you ,  ie: the law suits ive heard about .
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic