icon

viper 791xv problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sedg06 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
im having a slight problem with my viper 791. heres the story. a while back someone threw my remote (stupid) and cracked teh screen and stuff, but the remote still worked fine. not problems except the screen showed nothing. so just recently, it was pretty cold out and i left some lights on in my car and the battery died. i walk out and remote start my car. the system still works but the battery was dead so it never started, but the lights were flashing and everything. so i go get my car jumped a couple hours later and then the system doesnt respond anymore. the remote gives its 3 beeps saying that its "out of range" and i have to use the valet button to disarm the car everytime it goes off or i want to start it. none of the functions work on the remote.. im thinking either something got messed up when the battery died, the remote is faulty, or i dont even know. any help????? please...
sedg06 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
i also need to say that there are no siren chirps when i try to program anything. and the LED flashes when i turn off the car.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Try pulling the main power fuse for the brain and let it site for a minute or two.  If that doesn't work your probably going to have to replace the transmitter.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

You can try what cntrylvr79 said. If that doesn't work you may need to replace the ant. I was told by tech support, and even experienced it a couple of times myself, if you jump start the vehicle the ant. is wiped out. I know it sounds crazy. But seeing you need a new remote try that first. 

mav434 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
i have the same  model and that happened to me. icant tell you for sure how i got remote to work again, but it had to with the valet mode and the light flashing after shutdown. none of my remote buttons worked either, so trutrust me yer remote isnt screwed!
Maverick
sedg06 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i had to jump my car the other day and everything works fine now... wtf mate? actually the siren isnt making any sound, but im not complaining.
sedg06 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i had to jump my car the other day and everything works fine now... wtf mate? actually the siren isnt making any sound, but im not complaining.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic