icon

newbie, new system, terminology?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

well...most amp wiring kits do come with a remote on wire (any deicent kits)  all the ones i've used and sell include the fuse and holder, power wire, ground wire, rca's, remote wire, wire loom, zip ties, and terminals.  nice little bundle. 

himhim : i agree with the others about takeing it to the shop, my knowledge is only a fraction of dyohns and dwarren's and if i get stuck i go to higher people. but my first system i installed without knowing what to do almost cause me to trash my car,, (sure, it was only a hyandai excel 1991 ) but i was driving and the wires were run under the box and they eventually rubbed all the insulation off and crossed blowing my orion 250SX amp (luckly i got it fixed, just the power supply) but i was driving when that happend and filled the car with smoke causeing vision problems.  befor i did that i read all i could. but there is some things that you will not read, only experiance can teach you. and with you takeing it to a shop you can ask what he's doing and maybe pick up on some of those things. even if you just have him wire up the deck and run all the wires for your amp. just to make sure it's done right and you wont have to worry about letting the magic smoke out of your equipment for something as little as not securing the box down.

Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
himhims3lf 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
is this setup a good choice
two kicker 12" comp subwoofers series C124
Alpine MRP-M350
kicker 8 gauge amp power kit
amps are in a sealed enclosure
Amp runs at 350 RMS and the subbs are 150 RMS each
also i have a question...as i was looking at powering kits they had powering kits from 2 channel and 4 channel...both had the RCA cables
but the amp is a mono ...yet all RCA cables say 2 or 4 channel on their desciptions...can someone explain this to me?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

himhims3lf wrote:
amps are in a sealed enclosure

I am going to assume you meant the subs...So have you actaully listened to this setup? That would be the first thing to do. People can give you opinions on the quality of the gear all day, but your taste in how it sounds will vary.

I think this is a very reasonable starting point. It isn't an overly powerful setup, and the products chosen aren't bad at all. (no a-bahn, pyle, jensen, etc).

As far as the rca's go, if a mono or two channel amp is the only one in use, all you will need is a two channel rca cable.

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic