icon

1997 Chevy Silverado door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ZQ8pAUL 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I just bought a 1997 silverado with factory power doorlocks. I am installing a compustar 2wss-as into it, and was wondering how I tie into the factory doorlocks to operate them via the remote?
Thanks,
Paul
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
lt. blue for lock and white for unlock coming out of door boot.......also 5 wire (type C) on the two door models, and positive trigger (type A) on the four door and keyless entry models.
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
ZQ8pAUL 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I already tried those two wires in the drivers kick panel, and they are correct, but i keep blowing the fuse in my  dei 451 i believe it is, doorlock module. Any tips on how to make it work? Also I know where the brake wire is, but I can't reach it to tap into it, is there an easy way to get access to that wire? And the other thing is, I can't seem to find the door trigger wire, it's supposed to be a purple wire i believe in the drivers kick panel, but I also can't find that wire.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
5 wire them
ZQ8pAUL 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not too familiar with some of this stuff, so what does that mean? Do I need to reverse the polarity of them using relays? I'm not too clear on how exactly to go about that process, could someone point me in the right direction?
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
5 Wire Alternating 12 Volts Positive Door Locks
Like the configuration above, the switch, when moved in either direction, applies both power and ground directly to motor legs without the use of any relays. Except, at the switch in this case, both motor legs rest at ground . Therefore it is only necessary to change the polarity of one motor leg to lock or unlock the vehicle.
5 Wire Alternating 12v(+) Door Locks Relay Diagram
1997  Chevy Silverado door locks -- posted image.
ZQ8pAUL 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Cool, I think I can figure that out, have to give it a shot tonight. Now does anyone have any info on the brake wire and door pin wire? I can't get to the brake switch to tap that wire, and I can't locate the door pin wire.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

The Brake wire you need is WHITE.  Should be able to get it taped up in harness to left of Steering column, way back by the firewall bottom inside.

Just pull on wires from Switch.  Or you can release Brake Switch by lifting Snap Clip and removing... I hate that

Dome LightPURPLE (-)4 PIN BLACK CONN. IN DR. KICK PANEL *

* PURPLE (-) Wire Also Located At Headlight Switch. WHITE (-) Wire At Courtesy Light Can Also Be Used But Will Not Trigger Alarm If Dome Lamp Override Switch Is Turned On.
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
ZQ8pAUL 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
so that is the only real way to do the door triggers? seems kinda crappy if you forget to leave the override off.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Relays run the car security world!
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic