2000 Mitsu Eclipse, alternator, cabling

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
desolationangel 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, hey eveyrone im new here!!!!

My name is chris and i drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I have 2 12inch Alpine Type E's and I want to wire them but am not sure the best way of routing power to them also I have a stock alternator can anyoen make any recomendations on what model/brand i should upgrade to? or if not upgrade what should i do to insure that my alternator doesn't fry. because it's happened before in earlier cars that i've owned. Thanks for the Help.

Desolation Angel

ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
upgrade the alt. upgrade the battery. to simple ideas.
SSounds
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Chris...

I don't know about yours, but my '93 has a wussy 65 amp alternator! Lucky for you, there are several aftermarket alternators available for those cars. If you mention the total power ratings of your amps we could give you better advice.

desolationangel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

Ok it has a stock 85amp alternator. I guess what im really looking for is the answer to Three questions.

• 1.) What is the best amperage alternator for my setup and where can I get it?(Make,Manufacture,Price-not to high if possible)
  • 2.) What is the best route to run the cabling through the vehicle so that it is unnoticeable?
  • 3.) Where Should I hook up the (+) Line? (Under Steering Colum, Directly to Battery,alternate Line?) Its a new vehicle for me so it's untested.

Note If you've never done #3 to the exact car *(2000 mitsubishi eclipse RS) Please dont steer me the wrong way as it is very expensive to repair this one.

I really appreciate the help guys and these forums have been a lifesaver so far. BTW im working on a new fiberglass closed cab kit for my new baby. I'll post pics when its done ;)

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

You know how to fiberglass, but don't know where to hook up the power wire? EEK!  Like you said, it is an expensive car to fix, I don't want to sound mean but you are right, thats an expensive car to fix, so please get it installed at a shop.

As for the alternator for a good unit in a not too shabby price range you should check out this e-bay link to ireggi alternator.  You will probably want something worth while if your going to be spending the money on one, so go for 140 amps +

- ebay link removed -

I didn't see an alt listed for your car, just e-mail him for a price.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
desolationangel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

I love your name!!! I run 2x Alpine Type E's (soon to be R's) w/ a crappy Pyle 450rms soon to be JL 800rms

Anyways I just sold the Camaro and i've only had this car for about 2 weeks. Thats the only reason im unknowledgable. My fiberglassing is amazing not to toot my own horn but at least thats what the ladies say. :) Mabey this is a better question. should I run it straight to battery or somewhere else ?

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
The line for what?  To power your amps?  Yes, if that's what you're referring to, get amp power from your battery.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic