icon

1994 suburban dash speaker installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

A friend of mine wants me to replace his dash speakers (they are 4x6s) in his 1994 chevy suburban. The only problem is I can't find any instructions on how to get to them... Im sure someone has done one of these before so if you could just post up some directions that would be great.

After best buy got done with installing his new cd player only one speaker works (out of all 6 in the car) so I have to fix that somehow too.

thanks

ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
pop the grills off with a flathead. take out the 4 screws and remove speaker.
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
that sounds easy enough... do you know how to remove dash and the door speakers too?
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

HELP!!

Alright I installed the front dash speakers today and everything went well...except those stupid clips that hold the grills for the dash speakers on, broke off so now the grill is just sitting there pretty much. I had to resort to some duct tape to hold them down which seems pretty ghetto to me. 1994 suburban dash speaker installation -- posted image.

The biggest problem is that since he got his new cd player installed (at bestbuy) none of the other speakers play at all except the ones on the dash. I figured that out after I put some new rear door speakers in for him too (infinity reference 6.5s). He has a 94 suburban which has the weird controls for the radio (the tape player is in a seperate pocket from the rest of the radio and there is a seperate tuner/amp below the dash I think also). I'm pretty sure that best buy disconnected this completely when they installed the new cd player but has anyone had experience with this truck? It has 6 speakers instead of the normal four also (two in the dash, one in each rear door, and two in the ceiling in the very back).

thanks for the help so far!

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
If all you did was connect new dash speakers, this would not cause the others to stop playing.  Have him take the vehicle back to Best Buy to have them fix it.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic