icon

1997 Grand Am Door Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heierlu 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have a DEI Clifford 3.5X alarm module and am tryinf to figure out how to hook it up to the door locks on my 1997 Grand Am.  I already found out that thee are two separate wires for unlock and lock, which are both 12 volts +.  I also have a DEI 541M module.  Not sure if that will help me at all.  Could someone help me out on how to wire this?  Thanks!
Luke
cloneman315 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
im not sure havent done one in a while but check behind the drivers kick for the door lock relay it should be positive
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the lock and unlock wires are positive.  As for the 451m, you wont need it.  Just hook the blue wire from the clifford up to the lt. blue lock wire in the car and the green to the white unlock wire in the car.  You can get the locks at the relays in the drivers kick.  They're a couple inches above the hood release.  I used to have the same car if you run into any problems let me know.   I might have gotten the wire colors for the car backwards so just test them to make sure.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
heierlu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
Hey, thanks for the post!  I just put one in on a '99 Grand Am with no probs, but I realized quite a few of the wires were different on the '97.  But I did what you said, and all works fine!  Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Luke

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic