icon

problems with remote car start maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rovari 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed a remote car starter into a 2000 maxima . It will crank but not start, any tips ?? I have connected both start wires to the (from car ) to the single start wire on the remote starter. Is there a third ign wire that needs power on the 2000 Maxima ?? It doesnt feel right to attatch both start wires from car to a single wire (romote start) it is obviously shorting them out, is this o.k ??   Thanks for any help .... Rovari
Alarmtek 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  

I would consider adding a positive relay on the first starter wire, going to the second. Safer. Please add a 15 amp fuse inlie for more protection as well. Next check your tach sensing. This could be the conflict you are having here(ie: tries to crank 3 times then cycles down) Check tach settings.

Next make sure ALL necessary ignitions are connected correctly, and the final check on this vehicle is the bypass for the ignition immobilizer. (TRANSMOD) This takes some finesse with the bypass to operate correctly. Double check your placement for this.

Good hunting!

ALARMTEK  www.12VOLTSERVICE.com

Rovari 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thankyou for your reply ... I did not use the tach sensing wire ( my starter manual said it was not rellly neccessary )   is this neccessary ?? I hooked up a transponder bypass by using a relay and wrapped the transponder 10 times  and wrapped around the ignition barrel.. do you know if there is a third ign wire ?? .......Rovari
Alarmtek 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

Yes please use tach sensing here. and to see how a transponder is supposed to work see this diagram at my relay site page 2  ( www.RELAYHELP.com )  Hopefully the transmod bypass you have is universal, and looks like ours.  Whe doing tack mode, go directly to the tach, solder it, and then power down your system to make any dip switch or tach

changes. Most system need to see NO POWER connected for changes to be processed. Go look at this info and try to apply it here.

Robert Martin/Owner
ALARMTEK ONLINE
www.ALARMTEKONLINE.com
Rovari 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again Robert I will try to hook up tach sensing and I will also hook up a relay to power the second ign. wire , Makes alot more sense to me .. I cannot get to your relay help page for some reason ... I will try again  ... Thanks for your help!!
Alarmtek 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

Might be where you are, or the computer/server you might be using.Try accessing it of the main page at www.12VOLTSERVICE.com

Or I can email it to you, or you can try this too: http://members.tripod.com/~alarmtek/TRANSMODGRAPHIC.gif

Luck.

Robert Martin/Owner
ALARMTEK ONLINE
www.ALARMTEKONLINE.com
Rovari 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again Robert ... I have managed to hook up tach wire (what a pain in the #$%... It would not start... I put a key in the ignition and tried again and voila it worked , I need if possible the relay diagram to bypass transponder module on 2000 maxima ... maybe my method is nt right ?? I am energizing the transponder   by wrapping the wire (25awg) around the transponder 10 times and then around the ign barrel 2 times ...activated by relay ... is this right ???  Appreciate any help in advance !!.... Rovari
Mobile Cellular Services
Toronto, Canada
Alarmtek 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

Wish I knew the product (the transmod bypass your are attempting to use) However,  when using ours, the "lasso" loop is placed between the little black reader box, directly atattched to the ignition switch, and the ign switch itself. You need to locate the "sweet spot"  that allows you to remotestart everytime. The key you are using in the box should be one of the original keys, not just a blank. If done right, the rem start will send a pulse when prompted to start, to the transmod bypass box, through the inserted key-to loop-to readerbox, allowing remote start.

That's what we are used to here. I again, am not certain how other manufacturers equipment approach this type of immobilizer bypass.

Robert Martin/Owner
ALARMTEK ONLINE
www.ALARMTEKONLINE.com
Rovari 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
i am not using any specific kit I have created my own with a relay   ,  and unfortunately I am using a Design tech remote start which I am learning is a piece of you know what ... could you email your schematic of transponder bypass ?? to mcsbiz@rogers.com      thanks for all of your help!!
Mobile Cellular Services
Toronto, Canada
Alarmtek 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

Nope, no can do. Don't have it onfile here.How many keys do you have for this car? I knowyou want to try to relay around this, but honestly, we'vetried. BELIEVE ME!Yes Designtech is problematic. I worked there 10 yearsago on the tech desk, and know it all too well. Ass Backewards most of the time!

This one is too hard to "play" with. I'd either have the customerpay for a 3rd key, and then do it right, or even bondo the key right to the readerbox. In either case, ya gotta surrender a key. I think the guy at www.12voltshop.com has the "keyless" types for 50.00 (too high!).

Mine are 25.00 American www.CARALARMZ.com

That's what I know my friend. If you figure out something different,please share your knowledge with all of us.ALWAYS helpfull.

Robert Martin/Owner
ALARMTEK ONLINE
www.ALARMTEKONLINE.com
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic