the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Do you remember ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

The very first work I ever did on car audio was modifying the turntable is a 1959 Chrysler Imperial so it was more stable and wouldn't skip so much.  This was in 1964.  We used to wire two 16-ohm RCA speakers in parallel to guy's AM radios (which was all cars had in those days) and put one in the dash and one in the rear deck.  Oooh, STEREO (we thought.)  Do you remember ? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Man, talk about dating yourself. DYohn may not have been here when they invented dirt, but he sure did help them spread it around.lol And I thought at 40 I was old.
Big Dave
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
How about the old Command Start brand starters that were brown and about the size of a decent 2 channel amp with a glass fuse mounted on the outside of the box and has a seperate outboard box for the anttena that bolted to the fender of the car and looked like a second radio anttena. Im not saying I was around when they hit the market but I have worked on em and thats enough for me
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
oh yea almost forgot! my 66 plymouth sport fury has a dual coil (stereo) reverberator in the rear deck.     thats boss man!
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
yea most of this out dates me by far im from the days of alpine 6 crystal pullouts and pre hd fosgate. but i remember installing those switches from radio shack that went from radio to tape and had a balance knob on them and a ton of wire to hook up. (common ground system).
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
wow finaz22 you started c/a young! you were like 7 when the punch 40 came out and 10 when the 40's 75's and 150's came out. i was 9 when the jim fosgate punch 100 came out in "81" but i had one! it was stolenDo you remember ? - Page 2 -- posted image.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

yea i was really young when i first got hooked on bass. but if you really want to date myself i was 12 or 13 years old the when the pre hd 30's ,45's , 75's and 150's. then shortly after the hd's hit and i upgraded ,i had a 12" box that rocks. the subs where called the rocker series. remember that, the box that was gray and blk,with 4/2"inch ports a side it was setup for full range. i thought those systems couldnt be touch at the time. wow how far car audio has come. huh? 

i do remember the 100 also, my buddy that introduced me to fosgate had one.i guees most of us on this site are true die hard bassheads,huh?well keep it wired!!!!!! later

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
dvvb 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
I remember my brand new 1959 Volks Wagen car did not come with a radio ... in fact it didn't even have a "gas gauge".  It did have a small "flippy lever" that you kicked with your foot when you felt the engine start to miss ... and it gave you an extra gallon of gas from a special tank ... that is ... if you remembered to refill the special tank after the last time you used it. You could also remove the gas tank cap an easily look into the tank and see how much gas you had left. The car got about 36 MPG.  I also remenber when .... OK .... OK .... back on topic.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm... I remember back when... Oh wait! I'm only 20, I don't remember back when. Do you remember ? - Page 2 -- posted image.
MikesMarine 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

i remember when:

you were kool if you had twin 15's or 18's, with horn tweets, in the (uncovered) bed of your truck

you had a crown air freshener on your dash and deck

you had a cord on you car phone

small, fat rims that stick out like a steam roller where cool

neon colored wiper blades, lisence plate frames, and everything else was kool

walking thru the mall with a pullout was simply status

Techmaster P.E.B

when amps and speakers hooked to you factory AM/FM radio, with a RF modulater hooked into a Walkman was your 1st booming system

when all subs were "Kickers"

Cruising on a Fri/Sat was fun

WOW, what a flashback

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic