icon

12 inch flip down tv monitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
john2286 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
How do I go about installing a 12 inch flip down tv monitor in my 1995 Ford Explorer? Any help will be grateful even if its an installation of a flip down in any car or truck.
Hickmanae3 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Its easier to do then explain....hmmm......just stick the plaste underneath the carpet adnmaek sure its line up perfectly and then the fun part starts with u having to get the screws into the holes in the plate
No security system can beat the tow truck :(
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

did the unit NOT come with instructions? the install should be pretty much the same for any vehicle.

the pillar panels, door jams, and probly a few other plastic panels will need to be removed. then you can drop down the headliner enough to slip the metal mounting plate up inside of the headliner. then you will have to screw the tv to the metal bracket through the headliner. this is the part that differs from vehicle to vehicle, is the actual placement and fit. anyways, you can figure that out. then youll  need to run the wires from the headliner and down into the pillars, then under the door jams, and up to your head unit. you will need to tap into at LEAST an accessory, a ground, and an audio source (unless the tv has built in speakers and you dont want it playing through your car speakers). maybe even a constant 12v too.

like i said though, each vehicle and each brand tv can vary slightly. but its actually pretty easy. just time consuming.

good luck, and check out the instructions that came it.

2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
john2286 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice. It didn't come with instructions by the way, the flip down is going to be connected to my xbox.........I already have an inverter and tried everything out and it works great.  The flip down also has a tv tuner so I will need to connect it to an antenna source but it picks up a couples of channels that are viewable.  I connected everything but its a matter of what to remove from my ford so that I can mount it onto the ceiling. The tv does have built in speakers but I may hook it up to my truck speakers for surround sound like feature. I will post updates when everything is done and I will take some pics too.
cangles 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

A nice product to use if you ever take your exbox out of your truck is made by farenheit and is called a GP1

12 inch flip down tv monitor -- posted image.

The picture is from audioamerica.com and you can put in your zip code to find out the closest dealer. They also carry all types of incar antennas that you can hook up to get a little bit a a better picture without having to drill a hole to use an outdoor antenna

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
for a screen that big you're probably going to want to mount it to a cross brace. Screens of that size cause the headliner to sag and bounce if they are not mounted to something above. Many times you can use a 3/8 piece of mdf mounted between two braces to make a solid mounting point for the screen. It all depends on the weight of the screen: the units with DVD plavers and speakers built in can weigh a ton.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic